Talk

Advanced search

To welcome and appreciate Gabby / Scousy's contributions?

(125 Posts)
ZXEightyMum Sun 05-Jun-11 19:26:55

His posting style is quirky and interesting. I couldn't replicate the fascinating syntax he uses but I can usually understand it, better than most it seems, unless people are exaggerating for effect.

He is also quite the gentleman and rarely gets het up despite provocation.

Bit of a crush now

AIBU?

EricNorthmansMistress Sun 05-Jun-11 19:39:41

I'm not convinced they are the same person. Scousy seems to be aBOut MAKing poliTICAl poINTs albeit in a bizarre way. Gabby was just a load of stream of consciousness nonsense.

tomhardyismydh Sun 05-Jun-11 19:42:53

YANBU to appreciate the input from another poster but a bit UR to make a thread about it.

How do you know gabby or scous is a man?

Hassled Sun 05-Jun-11 19:45:11

Both have referred to their wife - and yes, I think they're the same. And I agree - eccentric and weird unusual, but always gentle and never rude.

TheFlyingOnion Sun 05-Jun-11 19:48:51

YABU, 100% of his output makes me angry

And scousy can get stream-of-consciousness too... also definitely a nutter man.

nethunsreject Sun 05-Jun-11 19:50:42

I get you, op,

well, except the crush bit!

tomhardyismydh Sun 05-Jun-11 19:54:17

I think threads like this have the fear to invite some very negative posters and that would be very unfair for the person your post is about.

Glitterknickaz Sun 05-Jun-11 19:55:51

YANBU.
A bit incoherent at times but heart in the right place.

ZXEightyMum Sun 05-Jun-11 19:56:44

I would love to know if Gabby Logan knows that she is being brought into political arguments on MN so frequently.

Scousy mentioned Kenny Logan earlier. See? He is very funny and smart.

Johnny Logan (remember him?) is still to come.

Jajas Sun 05-Jun-11 19:57:10

Def not the same poster

usualsuspect Sun 05-Jun-11 19:59:03

I love gabby/scousy

ShellyBoobs Sun 05-Jun-11 19:59:03

Ah this is interesting.

I haven't been here long, but have only ever found Scousy's threads annoying but I think I've been mistaken in assuming some most of the posts are 'ranty'. I've now realised there's a user-keyboard interface issue; the capitals aren't actually meant as shouting, it seems, just ropey typing. blush

I do get miffed with the political angle put on everything though because, generally, it detracts from the subject of the thread.

ZXEightyMum Sun 05-Jun-11 20:01:16

"I think threads like this have the fear to invite some very negative posters and that would be very unfair for the person your post is about"

Oh. But the negative people tend to say their piece on the actual threads. I meant this to be a positive one however it is in AIBU and thus inviting opinions. Feck.

No one is really going to spoil it though are they? They'd be complete cunts if they did.

AnyFuleKno Sun 05-Jun-11 20:01:49

I don't think it's the same person, although I did notice Gabby using a different name.

I don't find it amusing though. I find it tiresome to see the same scenario played out again and again. OP complete nonsense followed by loads of people trying to make sense of it. Gabby ignores questions and just posts loads of unconnected paranoia about the police and journalists.

KurriKurri Sun 05-Jun-11 20:42:31

I'm always inexplicably drawn to his threads, and sometimes even find myself referring to David Cameroony grin

BornInAfrica Sun 05-Jun-11 20:44:10

Nope. The threads are boring, repetitive, badly written with shocking grammar and spelling and above all unbelievably tiresome since every single one has to have some fucking boring anti-Cameron rant in it.

TheFlyingOnion Sun 05-Jun-11 20:44:58

well said BIA

<<claps>>

TheFlyingOnion Sun 05-Jun-11 20:45:31

can you hide all the threads from a certain poster, btw?

BornInAfrica Sun 05-Jun-11 20:49:38

I hide them as they come up because the urge to tell that poster just exactly what kind of a addled raving fuckwit they really are is just too strong and would likely get me banned shit-hot-quick!

ZXEightyMum Sun 05-Jun-11 20:51:38

You can avoid them pretty easily unless somebody is DOING a GAbby.

Has he been offensive TFO? I'm a bit unsure now because you're a poster I always tend to agree with and make sure to read if I see your name on a thread.

Honeybee79 Sun 05-Jun-11 20:52:35

YANBU.

Lot of love for Gabby

TheFlyingOnion Sun 05-Jun-11 20:53:51

grin at you ZXEighty, beaming in fact as I've had a shit night on here tonight.

<<skips happily away>>

<<comes back>>

he's not offensive per se, just mind bendingly, soul crushingly agenda pushing.

<<skips away again>>

ScousyFogarty Sun 05-Jun-11 20:53:54

YES zxe eightymum i DONT DO THEORETICAL ENGLISH. iF IT READS WELL TO ME ITS OK. I HAVE DONE LOTS OF BROADCASTING....I TEND TO THINKI WRITE BETTER ON SUBJECTS WHICH GRAB ME. tHE DISABILITY ONE. WHICHAD 1000 POSTS AND THE BBC LICENSE ONE. BOTH ARE STILL ACTIVE. ON MUMSNET THERE ARE DIFFEREING LEVELS OF UNDERSTANDING IN DEBATES. SOME POSTERS ARE SOON OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE. NOTHHING WRONG WITH THAT. BUT IF ONE WRITES, ITS A TWO WAY THING, YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO READ. I WILL NEVER BE ENID BLYTON. IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I HAVE BEEN IN ALL THE DAILY PAPERS AND ALL THE EVENINGS TOO. LETS GET DOWN AND DIRTY. THATS A LOT OF FUCKING PAPERS. INCIDENTALLY WHEN YOU ARE MY AGE YOU WILL WELCOME CAPITAL LETTERS...I AMSUPPOSED TO GIVE A PLUG TO GABBY LOGAN & tory seb coe

TheFlyingOnion Sun 05-Jun-11 20:55:39

<<runs for the hills>>

BornInAfrica Sun 05-Jun-11 20:58:09

Done lots of broadcasting?? Oh yeah - that'd be standing on a box broadcasting to the fresh air would it?

<<<falling about laughing here>>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: