Talk

Advanced search

TO POINT OUT We got to a thousand posts on Cameron turning disabled into "scroungers"

(36 Posts)
ScousyFogarty Sun 05-Jun-11 19:02:40

Tht was great to see an important thread cause so much interest. Thanks again, I think BBC Radio 5 live and Ministers need tio read the thread.. It is very informative.Cameron is getting away with briefing tabloide against the disabled.... The disabled chARITIES ARE VERY UPSET EVEN gABBY lOGAN AND vICTORIA COULD REATD THE THREAD BOTH THESE GIRLS HELPED TO FORM Y MY OPINIONS ON CAMERONS GAME

BornInAfrica Sun 05-Jun-11 19:04:44

Oh joy - another one for the 'hide' list

suetheslut Sun 05-Jun-11 19:06:34

BornInAfrica Sun 05-Jun-11 19:04:44
Oh joy - another one for the 'hide' list

My thoughts, exactly.

Itsjustafleshwound Sun 05-Jun-11 19:07:48

Oh hello

<<hides thread>>

shirleyshortcut Sun 05-Jun-11 19:08:16

gabby logan wont be interested unless she can shoehorn football into the topic sad

ScousyFogarty Sun 05-Jun-11 19:31:18

well, shirley, Gabby may well be able to shoehorn football into the topic. the will has to be there. I have known several broadcasters who were footballers daughters . They tend to go the compeiitrve sport way. I think they overdo it. COOPERATION please more people than competitiion, I think the run in to the Olympics is going to be OTT...turning it into a mock royal wedding with sweaty armpits.Spoiling it. Lets stay rational Mrs Logan Leave people to make up their own minds about sport and hysteria. (I gather press are interested in the TSB deate) Banks are big news. But thats a far cry from cameron and the disabled. Gabby helped to form my views on that. She ran a phone-inwhich is on record

ScousyFogarty Sun 05-Jun-11 19:40:19

Borninafrica and Sluts...you are not interested in disabled people being badly treated by a tory govt. How sad. Not very considerate you. You both may be more interested in the future.

catinboots Sun 05-Jun-11 19:44:43

Scousy. You are Gabby. We ain't thick smile

Glitterknickaz Sun 05-Jun-11 20:07:16

Most of it was me bloody justifying my own existence with very little back up!

suetheslut Sun 05-Jun-11 20:09:05

Yaaawwwwwwwnnn. Zzzzzzzzz. NEXT.

Glitterknickaz Sun 05-Jun-11 20:09:58

I love you too, sue.

ScousyFogarty Sun 05-Jun-11 20:27:50

then your efforts ARE TO BE DOUBLY REWARDED GLITTER

ScousyFogarty Sun 05-Jun-11 20:33:17

yo.u are only thick if you think nicknames matter Its as important as the blush on a dead mans cheek. Its the posts that natter, (I thought you thought I was kenny Logan) THIS is a CHICKEN PLUCKING DIVERSION FROM THE REAL ISSUE. CAMERON IS STILL BRIEFING THE TABLOIDS AGAINST THE DISABLED.....THAT MATTERS,,,,aND THE gABBY ISSUE MATTERS ON THE EDUCATION SITE...THATS GABBY LOGAN

catinboots Mon 06-Jun-11 11:05:57

holy fuck

ScousyFogarty Mon 06-Jun-11 16:14:21

catinboots. Do you mean you want sexual congress with a lady vicar?

If not what does your "holy fuck" post mean?

ScousyFogarty Mon 06-Jun-11 16:18:17

SERIOUSLY.....the debate over what is being done to the disabled by Camerons Tory government will go on for the rest of this parliament. (4years)

Sad, but its true.

katvond Mon 06-Jun-11 16:19:15

Scousy are you disabled at all? My sister is and I can say for one she can fight her own battles like the rest of the british public. She does not need some man on a mumsnet forum being shouty on her behalf,so just stop it as your starting to look and sound like a tit.
Camerons goverment as not stopped her benefits shes getting full DLA.
So please stop talking shite

Peachy Mon 06-Jun-11 16:19:27

Why do you think people care? they don;t.

I have a lertter from Maria Miller wuite happy that the income for famillies of children on MR care will drop. My own BIL will look at his nephews (2 dx's with asd, 1 being assessed for asd and one for ADD though would not class ADD child as needing DLA etc- dx just for educational purposes), shrug and say ' we can't afford them'.

Nobody cares any more. Well, very few. As soon as the shit hit the fan- well social morals were the first cut to be made.

And I am not suposed to be here, sorry!

Glitterknickaz Mon 06-Jun-11 16:22:09

katvond you're not actually at the sharp end yourself are you?
we are.... we're affected and we'll yell about it thanks

Peachy Mon 06-Jun-11 16:23:08

katwood she may well not but ATOS PIP is another thing.
However my son can;t figt his own battles; he is too disabled but as it is with ASD he is likely to fall through the system, PIP does not really cover autism any more. Even if she fits ATOS criteria there is a massive rate of refused claims being voer turned at tribunal, between 30 and 70% depending on criteria 9eg is there is legal supprt at tribunal).

So I have to speak for him and vastly appreciate the help of people like scousy in doing so. becuase there are people on MN who think that as we need DLA we should not be allowed an opinion. After all, I will die one day and ds3 will styill be ehre needing care and without DLA, the ability to work, NT close family who will care for him? or will he be another tragic case of someone left to fend for themselves and failing to do so?

katvond Mon 06-Jun-11 16:25:59

no I am not disabled,but will fight tooth and nail for my sisters rights, at the moment shes not been affected by any of this,yes I would say as someone that help cares for her I am at the sharp end. Her interest and needs are always paramount.
I was asking scousy a question not your deary
If your happy for scousy to be your voice carry on and embrace it

katvond Mon 06-Jun-11 16:28:26

Peachy yes my sis can talk for herself, I only showed her this thread and the other one to see her opinion and to be honest it made her mad.
Shes so independent you see,yes there are those that need a voice like scousy but there are others that can fight for themselves

katvond Mon 06-Jun-11 16:30:34

All I am saying and I mean this is a genuine way,do you think the goverment will listen?
Are they interested in the opinions of the scousys of this country?

Glitterknickaz Mon 06-Jun-11 16:34:20

what makes you think they'll listen to your sister?
they will not listen to individuals that is why we are asking collective support, not because we're not independent

ScousyFogarty Mon 06-Jun-11 16:34:34

Katvond. Come off it, chuck. My posts were very few iamong the thousand which wqere posted. Other people with strong views carried it along. It is a "live" issue and deserves to be so. And it will be for the next four years because Cameron will keep briefing the tabloids against the disabled. Because he wants to push his hardline policy. People will get involved if they feel strongly about it. This will probably upset Cameron supporters who do not really care about the disabled. I know which side I am on. Katvond must make up his own mind. And so must everone else. If you dont think Tory governments are callous. You are probably much younger than me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: