Talk

Advanced search

to leave a nice kittie out in the rain? or is DH being U?

(9 Posts)
Crevix Sun 05-Jun-11 15:00:21

Nice big kitten appeared outside on the windowsill wailing to come in confused.

DH was all for inviting it in.

He thinks I was U to refuse and leave it outside in the rain..

He claims it is 'probably abandoned' despite it's collar and it looking clean and tidy and fed.He is now sulking because I wouldn't let him adopt it.

Who is being unreasonable?

MumblingRagDoll Sun 05-Jun-11 15:02:02

It's on the make. YANBU. It's considered cat theft if you invite cats to live with you when they're wearing collars.

katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 15:07:50

If it was a starving stray I'd call you heartless but as you said it's a collar it well fed so you've done the right thing, if you invite it in it will keep coming back.

Crevix Sun 05-Jun-11 15:10:21

DH thinks this may be a way around my refusal to give in to more kittens. I must be strong. No More Kittens.

TidyDancer Sun 05-Jun-11 15:11:23

I would let the kittie in. But I'm a bit bleeding heart when it comes to the animal kingdom. YAprobablyNBU though.

TheFlyingOnion Sun 05-Jun-11 15:14:51

its on the make grin @ Mumbling.

Little fecker, its giving you the big eyes and the mewling. Give it a damn good talking to smilesmile

ForeverNamechanging Sun 05-Jun-11 15:15:39

Your going to have a part time lodger if you let it in

CaveMum Sun 05-Jun-11 15:20:36

You'll never get rid if you let it in!
DH's uncle let a cat into their house after it sat meowing outside their kitchen door. It now lives with them part-time! The cats real owner keeps threatening to call the police on accusation of cat-napping but they can't get rid of her! If they ignore her in the garden she climbs onto their roof and tries to get in through the velux windows!

katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 15:22:39

Tidy I'm an animal lover too but by letting a kitty in that's clearly not a stray is wrong. Plus if I let it in my 2 woofers wouldn't take too kindly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: