Talk

Advanced search

To think that grown men shouldn't remove their shirts when the weathers hot

(53 Posts)
katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 14:38:35

In the last few days I've seen some sights, very overweight men walking around with no tops on. Why do they think they can remove their tops in hot weather and not give a flying fuck what others have to look at.
Yes I'm being bitchy. As for them removing them walking around Asda that's just wrong.
Rant over!

chicletteeth Sun 05-Jun-11 14:41:21

I think it's foul myself and hate seeing people in public with their shirts off unless it's at a beach/pool etc..

I once had a guy who came onto the pub terrace without his shirt on and sat down and was told to put it on by management (thank god)

He was not happy.

My guess is that neither would the person who had his gross sweat stuck on their back from him having sat in his chair have been either

nethunsreject Sun 05-Jun-11 14:46:01

Fine at the beach, but revolting in town.

Yanbu

InTheNightKitchen Sun 05-Jun-11 14:46:02

Whose shirts should they remove?

LordOfTheFlies Sun 05-Jun-11 14:46:57

YANBU .Flies and people not wearing enough clothes are my summer pet hates.

katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 14:47:03

On the beach I don't mind, but walking around the town and sitting in the cafe or supermarket that's a big No No

katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 14:47:56

Their wife's nightgarden lol ;)

TheArmadillo Sun 05-Jun-11 14:49:34

YANBU - in your own garden or at the beach ok.

Otherwise no one wants to see your nipples.

yukoncher Sun 05-Jun-11 14:50:31

YABU

FabbyChic Sun 05-Jun-11 14:50:56

I think if they have the body for it and a six pack, and a hairy chest they most certainly SHOULD remove their shirts.

SecretNutellaFix Sun 05-Jun-11 14:51:02

Beach/ swimming pool/ at home- fine, whatever.

When you go into town/ a shop, sweat pouring down a hairy and spotty back is very offputting and the lady behind the till is going to pull a face.

Punkatheart Sun 05-Jun-11 14:51:53

But it is never the gorgeous rippled ones is it? It's always the moob carriers, the pasty, flabby men with hairy underarms. Sigh.

chicletteeth Sun 05-Jun-11 14:52:00

Ha ha fabby grin

There is always at least one exception to every rule

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 05-Jun-11 14:52:34

If they should we should be able to.

Not that I would but...

Why are women seen as disgusting for breastfeeding in public but men can walk around half naked and thats ok?

chicletteeth Sun 05-Jun-11 14:53:26

Spotty back I find far grosser than big bellies.

Your big belly doesn't just erupt and ooze pus whilst walking down the high street in the heat.

[bleurgh emoticon]

DoMeDon Sun 05-Jun-11 14:53:26

YANBU - foul but then some people just shouldn;t leave the house full stop grin

gramercy Sun 05-Jun-11 14:53:39

My sister once screamed in WH Smith when she thought a spider had landed on her: it was a really hairy chest which had touched her as she was perusing the magazines. Ugh.

chicletteeth Sun 05-Jun-11 14:54:21

Err peppa I think you'll find most people are saying it's not ok (to walk around half naked that is)

AuntiePickleBottom Sun 05-Jun-11 14:56:07

if women went out and took off there tops and bras, we would get arrested for indecent exposure.

MumblingRagDoll Sun 05-Jun-11 14:57:42

es Chicletteeth but Peppa is talking about the law. Men going topless is legal....not so for women. I could breastfeed in mos placcs but not walk about with my boobs out.

MumblingRagDoll Sun 05-Jun-11 14:58:28

They did have some kind of topless march in New York I think....mad.

katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 15:00:05

I think it's the hairy stomachs and backs that but me off all sweaty, there was one in the fish n chip shop yesterday in St Ives it was horrid, had to swap seats with DH as it put me off

chicletteeth Sun 05-Jun-11 15:00:21

True mumbling

Why would one want to anyway?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

gramercy Sun 05-Jun-11 15:01:14

One of my most embarrassing moments ever was once when I went to the park with a male colleague at lunchtime. There we were, eating our sandwiches, and he took his shirt off.

It was just so... not right . I didn't know where to look - I was coiled up with embarrassment. It's not that he was especially fat/hairy/sweaty - it's just that work is work and bare is bare.

katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 15:04:17

But as punk said it's never a man in a toned tanned six pack showing off his abs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now