Talk

Advanced search

to think that ill mannered idiots are taking over the world!

(11 Posts)
vegasmum Sun 05-Jun-11 14:35:31

Message withdrawn

katvond Sun 05-Jun-11 14:44:54

There are some people with no manners sadly you'll find it in all walks of life.
Had it the other day was indicating to go into a parking spot, waited patiently then some wanker just drove right in. If it wasn't for DD in the car he'd have got it

Nanny0gg Sun 05-Jun-11 14:48:43

Some restaurants do ask you not to save a table until you have bought your food.
The woman with the money was just rude.

Punkatheart Sun 05-Jun-11 14:49:46

It's because life has become more about self than community. People are introverted with computer games, internet, filming any stupid thing that makes them smile. It takes more intellect and yes manners to look outside yourself and see how your behaviour affects others.....

vegasmum Sun 05-Jun-11 14:51:46

Message withdrawn

DoMeDon Sun 05-Jun-11 14:51:57

YABU -lots of people are too stressed/ busy/ important/ insert other bullshit excuse for manners/ politeness/ kindness/ insert other decent human emotion hmm

Madlizzy Sun 05-Jun-11 14:53:40

I told a member of Primark staff off the other day. Got to her till to be served and she didn't even look at me, never mind speak to me, but carried on her (moaning) conversation with her colleague. I spoke to her and she completely ignored me. She wouldn't even look at me when she said how much the total was. After I'd paid, I told her, in a very calm and collected way, that her customer service skills and manners were appalling, told her that if she worked in my shop she would be fired and explained exactly where she'd gone wrong. She just shrugged and said "complain if you want" expecting me to walk off. I didn't. I asked to see a manager and complained.

Earlybird Sun 05-Jun-11 14:55:57

madlizzy - and what did the manager say/do?

Madlizzy Sun 05-Jun-11 14:59:35

The manager apologised profusely, whilst looking over at the girl with a not entirely pleased expression on her face, as if it's not the first time. She was going to have a leetle word with her. She agreed with me that good customer service was important.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 05-Jun-11 15:13:09

I agree peoples manners now are abysmal( sweeping generalisation)
Depends what kind of mood I'm in if I say anything.
I'm always pleased if someone holds doors etc and always smile/say thanks. If I'm driving and someone lets me out I'll wave . I don't as a rule do anything to other drivers who p*ss me off because I've been road raged for not letting 2 young men out .I'd been 30 mins in a traffic jam.They followed me for 2 miles gesturing and trying to overtake me.
Sometimes I just snap and wonder where the demon in me comes from ( But not violent or swearing).
A charming 'young lady' in McDs swearing like a navvy.I asked her if she ate with that mouth.She had kids with her.
A woman and kids who swore at me in a lift.I said I could see where her children got their manners.
The worst was when I was carrying my DS (4 at the time) being pushed by a man forcing his way through the crowd,in the oppososite direction to everyone else.He got a backhander( reflex/instinct).

We all bemoan the lack of manners but few people will do anything and I must admit often I don't because of my own safety.

Toughasoldboots Sun 05-Jun-11 15:13:28

Maybe the women was annoyed that you were saving a table ahead of getting any food?

I inadvertently sat in a chair that had been reserved for a group of about ten people in Starbucks the other day. Some chap had decided that he was holding a meeting there and had commandeered most of the chairs.

I pointed out that it wasn't a conference facility that had been hired out but he insisted I move as he wanted the power point near my chair.

Anyway, sorry to digress, maybe you aren't meant to reserve tables in chip shop while others have already got their food?

I do agree that there are a lot of rude people around generally.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: