Advanced search

medical advice please? wwyd.

(14 Posts)
altinkum Sun 05-Jun-11 08:49:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fernie3 Sun 05-Jun-11 08:52:02

I would go to the hospital if the pain is that bad and with your history. I dont see the point in sitting in pain at home tbh

I hope you feel better soon it must be awful after 6 months sad

sparkle12mar08 Sun 05-Jun-11 08:54:04

It's not a hospital matter I'm afraid. Dose up on some over the counter co-codamol or similar, and make a same day appointment with your GP tomorrow. I'm really sorry you're in so much pain though.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 05-Jun-11 08:56:07

Call your doctor out if you're in pain, anxious and have no-one to look after the children. They do house-calls still and will have weekend emergency cover.

altinkum Sun 05-Jun-11 08:57:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

altinkum Sun 05-Jun-11 08:58:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sparkle12mar08 Sun 05-Jun-11 09:03:01

If it's anything like our area there will only be an out of hours number to ring, which will triage you over the phone, and suggest that you go to the nearest out of hours clinic if you feel you really must. They will not send a doctor to the house at weekends unless you are dying, frankly. Unles the pain is truly unbearable for you (and only you know what that level is for yourself) I really think you should wait until the morning.

BluddyMoFo Sun 05-Jun-11 09:04:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fernie3 Sun 05-Jun-11 09:05:04

our out of hours doctor is in the hospital anyway!
why dont you call the out of hours doctor and see what they suggest.

tiredgranny Sun 05-Jun-11 09:12:05

if u r short of breath difficulty breathing i would go to ae if not go on nhs direct website you can fill symptons on comp then they ring u back it is quicker than ringing them anything like our on call dr they will not come out

Melty Sun 05-Jun-11 09:17:45

Are you having any difficulty with your breathing?
If so, then I would definitely suggest you go to the A/E, and dont wait.

Otherwise ring NHS direct and see what they say.
Its very hard to direct you without actually seeing you, and really none of us can advise you what to do. Only you know how bad you feel.

To be honest, this isn't really like the "sore finger" stories you get in the press, so dont be put off attending the hospital if you feel you need it.

altinkum Sun 05-Jun-11 09:18:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Melty Sun 05-Jun-11 09:23:05

Go to the walk in centre. Please.
Will you get to see a doctor there? Or nurse triage?
Either way you really should have someone listen to your chest if you are feeling tight chested and asthmatic.
And you may get something for the pain that you can keep down.

StaryNightSky Sun 05-Jun-11 10:09:41

You need to get an xray, if you have collapsed both your lungs and are asthamtic then there is a CHANCE that may have effected one of your rib.

I have severe asthma and have in the past with Douple Pnemonia broken 3 ribs and poped and lung.

Get thee to AandE, and explain to the triage nurse. You are not wasting anyone times.

Oh and PS sorry but brusing can last for well over 6 months (Arnica!) seriously will help bring it out.

Sounds like I could be a bone bruise, but you are talking about not being able to lay on your side, and the pain making you feel sick, so go and get it checked. As it could be something a little worse.

Good Luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: