Talk

Advanced search

To think DH has gone mad (cats )

(14 Posts)
RitaBix Sun 05-Jun-11 08:22:10

We have 4 or 5 cats that live nearby and they quite often come through our garden. One lives next door and winds him up something shocking
DH has placed the Dcs play house in the middle of the garden and for the last 30 mins has been sat inside with DDs high powered water pistol waiting for the cats to cross our garden
he shot one about 10 mins ago and I heard him mumbling "take that you furry little shit" through the open window

Is it a man thing and shall shall I just leave him to it?

TrinityIsAShreddingFatRhino Sun 05-Jun-11 08:26:51

lol I dont think its a man thing, I think its a crazy thing

have they been shitting in your garden
does he have a reason to hate the cats?

lol I must say it is very funny

BluddyMoFo Sun 05-Jun-11 08:28:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mycatoscar Sun 05-Jun-11 08:30:22

my dh laughed when i read that to him, think he might like to come and join in.

RitaBix Sun 05-Jun-11 08:30:42

One in particular keeps pooing on the lawn.He thinks it is "The little bugger from next door"
He thinks it does it on purpose to wind him up
I think the next doors cat and DH are as bad as each other,they love to get one over on each other

Goblinchild Sun 05-Jun-11 08:30:51

As long as he sticks to water pistols, I wouldn't worry.
Don't let him upgrade to snares, stones and flamethrowers and all will be well.
You might have to suggest that he does something more productive with his time as the day wears on though, I'd put this in the same category as 'hobbies'

QOD Sun 05-Jun-11 08:31:26

I have a cat and think it's hilarious! They can learn stuff - my nieghbour was really pissy when we got our cat - she feeds the birds. She asked us to keep him in or make him wear a bell. COuldn't keep him in, and the bell didn't bloody jingle anyway! She kept moaning so I said "well for goodness sake - just shout at him, clap your hand or squirt him - he'll learn!".

Fernie3 Sun 05-Jun-11 08:55:29

we have a cat that wont leave our doorway, she sits and looks at the world through the door, does a poo in the flowerpot the hides inside again. We also have about 6 cats from the nearby houses who seem to enjoy sleeping on the childrens trampoline no idea why they just all lie on in like a bed?!
your DH sounds a little crazy but not in a scary way grin

misdee Sun 05-Jun-11 09:00:03

hahaha

my neighbours cat winds up my dog. there is a knot in the fence and there is a dog-sized-nose hole there. so the cat sits just on the other side of the fence, my dog goes to poke his nose upto the hole to get a whiff of the cat, and then the cat swipes the dogs nose and legs it. it happens most days and still my dog hasnt learnt not to do it.

i swear the cat cackles in laughter as he legs it.

ShimmeryPixie Sun 05-Jun-11 10:02:29

Water pistols are fine (says someone who occasionally provides support to her own cats when the HUGE neighbourhood tom tries to take over their territory). Though I doubt that the one from next door is pooing on the lawn just to wind up your DH...hmm

As per Goblinchild - so long as there are no weapons upgrades, it'll be fine and the cats will probably learn to avoid your garden (so long as they can't see him, otherwise it will only be a case of avoiding when he is in).

belgo Sun 05-Jun-11 10:03:55

grin I love cats but totally condone his behaviour.

MumblingRagDoll Sun 05-Jun-11 10:05:08

We hd this...DH shot them with water and put repellent down..neither worked. Last week we got 2 siamese rescue cts....they crap in a litter tray outside aand since we got them not ONE moggy has come in our garden

SpringchickenGoldBrass Sun 05-Jun-11 10:05:55

My grandmother used to employ a scary old fashioned ear syringe to the same purpose. When it wasn't being pinched by me and my brother of course: that thing had magnificent squirt power.

RitaBix Mon 06-Jun-11 16:05:23

He keeps the waterpistol in the back bedroom now so he can take pot shots at them from above

at least it keeps him happy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: