Talk

Advanced search

To be worried that DD and her friend are not asleep yet? First sleepover ever.

(21 Posts)
MumblingRagDoll Sat 04-Jun-11 23:42:02

They are both almost 7 and they are STILL friggin giggling and arseing about. I can't believe it! thought they would do his till about 10.30pm and fall asleep!

I hav gone in a ew times and told them to be quiet now..but DD is acting all "tough"and I dont want to bollock her poperly with her mate here!

What do I do? Leave them to it? WIll they eventually fall asleep?
sad angry

I had a lot of work to do toight and have written HALF of what I should have!

cornsilks Sat 04-Jun-11 23:42:47

sounds about right for a sleepover unfortunately!

giraffesCantZumba Sat 04-Jun-11 23:44:08

Thats normal. On plus side they may sleep in. Put a DVD on - might fall asleep in bed watching it

pooka Sat 04-Jun-11 23:44:35

I tend to go up and say that if they don't settle down and go to sleep I will ring the guest's mother and she will come and collect.

The other mothers involved say the same when dd stays.

It does seem to work.

They'll be rotten tomorrow. dd tends to weep with tiredness.

pooka Sat 04-Jun-11 23:45:00

Or father.

pjmama Sat 04-Jun-11 23:45:23

Yes they will go to sleep eventually, leave them to it! Just be prepared for tired and grumpy tomorrow!

zippy539 Sat 04-Jun-11 23:46:02

If you get to midnight then I'd go for the bollocking - mate or no mate. smile

ManicPanic Sat 04-Jun-11 23:49:33

My dd(5) is having her first sleepover too! But at least it's just next door. It feels very odd. I keep on thinking I've her on the bus or something! grin

MumblingRagDoll Sat 04-Jun-11 23:50:09

They've had 2DVDs! Father won't do it as he feels it might scare the friend. hmm

I think I might just bleddy ignore them! Not sure I'l be doing this too often!

snailoon Sat 04-Jun-11 23:50:38

I just lie there with them if it gets late enough and very gently tell them to go to sleep. They usually don't talk if you're there. I read stories to kids who think they are too old and they love it (and it calms them down). Usually they don't need any of this, but just fall asleep reasonably because they know me pretty well. We have quite a lot of sleepovers, so we have to make it a fairly normal thing, because it's no fun to have tired and grumpy kids. It's no fun for them either.

MumblingRagDoll Sat 04-Jun-11 23:51:06

Aw Manic! She isn't it odd when they're not where yo u expect them to be!

MumblingRagDoll - it's pretty much par for the course, I'm afraid. It doesn't get any better as they get older either - ds3 is 14, and if he has a sleepover here or at friends' houses, they are awake until the wee small hours playing ps2 or xbox.

The last time this happened ds3 had to get up early on the sunday morning to do his paper round, but later on, I peeped into the den, to find him and his friend tucked up on the couch, fast asleep in front of the tv - and they didn't emerge until gone midday! Luckily for us, the den is at the opposite corner of the house from our bedroom, and downstairs, so we don't hear any noise when there is a sleepover.

I used to stress a lot about sleepovers, and the dses probably didn't have as many as their friends, because I know how grumpy I get when I haven't had enough sleep (it makes my depression worse too).

I hope they drop off soon.

GrownUpNow Sun 05-Jun-11 00:01:31

I remember sleepovers, it was a challenge to see how late you could stay up. Then we'd sleep really late the next day.

madhattershouse Sun 05-Jun-11 00:04:40

Roll on 2 am and the " be quiet or I shall call your mum!" moment!! Enjoy!!! grin

MumblingRagDoll Sun 05-Jun-11 00:07:11

Whaaaaat madhatter are you freaking KIDDING ME?

It's a bit of a worry as they're small....but stil...one late night. They won't melt will they...so I suppose I need to chill.

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Sun 05-Jun-11 00:07:37

Ach don't worry. Every time DS has a sleepover with his beaver troop he doesn't go to sleep before midnight. Other than a foul temper the following day, he doesn't seem to suffer any ill effects...

tomhardyismydh Sun 05-Jun-11 00:14:36

are they still awake if so, I would take dd to your room and administer a talking to, I wouldn't bollock her but that 2 min time out and talking down may do the trick for both of them. have done this my self. have even had to seperate dd and frind and put dd in my bed untill both were asleep and then carry her back in.

MCos Sun 05-Jun-11 00:18:33

Watching with interest! DD1 (9) is pushing for friend sleepover. Haven't done it yet. But it is only a matter of time...

Numberfour Sun 05-Jun-11 00:19:36

A firm, business like Go To Sleep NOW would work.

DVD and Lights off.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Numberfour Sun 05-Jun-11 00:22:17

in fact, could someone please tell me that? I really do need to go to bed ...........

brighthair Sun 05-Jun-11 00:55:05

My dad foolishly allowed me to have a sleepover with 6 other girls once. When we were still awake he came and told us off to find us laughing at him and stomped back to bed. Mum pointed out he was wearing mickey mouse pyjamas ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now