Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit narked at dh...

(8 Posts)
Karbea Sat 04-Jun-11 22:39:18

he was up at 6, woke me up (I'm a very light sleeper and once wake can't get back to sleep) to go training. He said he be back at 10:30, but wasn't back till 11:30, but that's not my reason for narkyness... A couple of my single friends posted that they were out at a bar I used to go to a lot with them, and I was a bit sad and said to dh 'ooo they never invite me out anymore...' I see them during the week sometimes but I moved along way away, and well I'm married they are single, so it's all cool, he went off in a huff and asked why I married him.. Anyway we made up. Anyway we watch tv tonight which I hate doing... And by 9:45 he is asleep on the sofa snoring! I'm a night owl and he is a morning person, and he does this a lot! Half of me feels like getting dolled up and going out with my mates! It's early on a sat night! Grrrrr but I'm too far from my friends so I'm going to leave him on the sofa and go to be in huff...

Aibu?

ajandjjmum Sat 04-Jun-11 22:41:03

I sympathise - my DH is another one who's up before 6 for training, and makes sure he doesn't do it quietly.

But there's nothing to stop you saying to your friends that you'd like to join them next time - I'm sure they'd love you to go along occasionally.

Karbea Sat 04-Jun-11 22:43:37

Yes but he'd get grumpy and it's not worth it really when I can see them other nights... Apparently he'd get lonely if I went out on a Saturday night without him! confused

IAmTheCookieMonster Sat 04-Jun-11 22:45:08

:-( I hate it when DH takes nostalgia personally. On FB all my friends are having their PhD viva's and becoming doctors! I left because my dad died, moved back home, started going out with a boy I knew from before uni then got pregnant and married him! I am so happy, more so than ever before but I see my friends with titles and moving to different countries where I am back near my mum constantly battling housework (which I am s* at!)

Why don't you give them a ring and see if you can go out with them next week? Being married does not mean that you cannot ever go out with your friends again!

DartsRus Sat 04-Jun-11 22:45:42

Are you joined at the hip? I love dp but I do sometimes go and do other stuff that doesn't include him.

IAmTheCookieMonster Sat 04-Jun-11 22:45:49

get a baby sitter and go out together!

ScrotalPantomime Sat 04-Jun-11 22:50:25

Well, he gets to do training and that IMO counts as 'me-time' - why shouldn't you go out too?

Karbea Sat 04-Jun-11 22:55:02

We do lots of things separately he just has a 'thing' about Saturday nights, which is fine... As long as he doesn't sleep through it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now