Talk

Advanced search

to believe that most feminists are in actual fact giving women a bad name?

(361 Posts)
Casey76 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:38:06

I, along with most women I imagine are grateful that women fought to give us a vote.....

However I believe that things have gone to far..I hate women who moan and bitch about how they can't have everything!!!!!!!!

No your damn right you can not have everything ...if you go to work full time when your children are young, YOU WILL MISS OUT!!!!!

Why should women have it all???

I believe that most feminists think that they are more worthy of having everything then men and guess what you are wrong...men dont have it all...most men still work full time and still miss out on their children..

Men used to provide for their families...Men used to have a little pride...I don't think that that those women all those years ago wanted things to go this far...where some women see men as useless and think they can do everthing with out them..including having children...fair enough if you split up and you end up a single mum thats one thing but choosing to have a baby alone is just plain selfish....women should not be allowed to use a sperm doner if they are single..

So you feminists who think you are better then men and that you can have everything..YOU ARE WRONG...I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

ScarlettIsWalking Sat 04-Jun-11 19:41:12

Oh dear.

Bucharest Sat 04-Jun-11 19:42:53

No, I prefer to think it's people (like the OP, who I don't know the sex of) who give women a bad name.

Is it nice today in Stepford Casey?

Bucharest Sat 04-Jun-11 19:43:11

God you are a woman.

Bloody hell.

Bucharest Sat 04-Jun-11 19:43:39

Must be really scary inside your head.

usualsuspect Sat 04-Jun-11 19:44:13

and the MN madness continues

<sigh>

Honeybee79 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:44:25

biscuit.

This actually makes me pretty sad.

DirtyMartini Sat 04-Jun-11 19:44:42

Oh, OP, you are just desperate for attention, aren't you? It's such a shame. sad You used to have a little pride. Things have gone too far.

If you spew this type of nonsense full-time when you could just live and let live, YOU WILL MISS OUT.

<unable to bring myself to use five exclamation marks, even in jest>

chibi Sat 04-Jun-11 19:45:00

Feh.

Prolesworth Sat 04-Jun-11 19:45:12

Message withdrawn

DirtyMartini Sat 04-Jun-11 19:45:32

grin Prolesworth

CravingExcitement Sat 04-Jun-11 19:46:19

Don't be silly dear

BooyHoo Sat 04-Jun-11 19:49:09

OP, find a dictionary and look up the word feminist. then look up the word ignorant. then have the decency to blush.

Primalscream Sat 04-Jun-11 19:49:20

Casey - yes you have made some good points ( and a lot of women would Agee) but this is MN.

atswimtwolengths Sat 04-Jun-11 19:49:49

<<Fetches a big tub of Ben & Jerry's and sits back>>

clemetteattlee Sat 04-Jun-11 19:50:18

At the risk of engaging with your nonsense, just have a bit of a read about Sylvia Pankhurst (one of "those women" from years ago). She fought to get us the vote, deliberately had a child out of wedlock and worked for his whole childhood (including helping to achieve independence for Ethiopia). The museum to her life in Holland doesn't seem to suggest that she MISSED OUT

Weloveguineapigs Sat 04-Jun-11 19:50:50

Oh piss off back to Net Mums will you.

biscuit take a pack of these with you.

cannydoit Sat 04-Jun-11 19:50:52

ummmmmmmmmmm really? i mean i cant even imagine that any one is even going to take this seriously because this is obvious a blatant attempt to rile people just for the fun of it.

atswimtwolengths Sat 04-Jun-11 19:51:07

Actually I agree about the sperm donors.

msrisotto Sat 04-Jun-11 19:51:12

What a rubbish person.

clemetteattlee Sat 04-Jun-11 19:53:28

PS my husband has pride that he has managed to bag someone who is cleverer than him, earns more than him, is an (often) OK mother and who can cook a lovely dinner grin

TyNobdieJigz Sat 04-Jun-11 19:54:04

I agree with everything APART from the sperm donors.

GetOrf Sat 04-Jun-11 19:54:50

"No your damn right you can not have everything ...if you go to work full time when your children are young, YOU WILL MISS OUT!!!!!"

Xenia! Xeniaaaaa!

I worked FT since dd was 3 months, she is now 15 and sat next to me.

Did you miss out dd? DidI miss out?

I am happy with my chouces and would do the same again.

DD's verbatim response - 'I hate what you did you so much I plan to work qhen I have a baby. You love me and you have been a good mother.'

OP - take off your Cath Kidston patterned rose patterned glasses - women still need to fight every step of the way and cannot let up for a second.

TheFlyingOnion Sat 04-Jun-11 19:56:31

lord above.

I have to say, I avoid the feminism board like the plague as they seem like a rabid bunch of easily offended harpies fairly opinionated types...

but OP, I think you have started on the gin a wee bit too early confused

BertieBotts Sat 04-Jun-11 19:56:35

"So you feminists who think you are better then men..." Lol. Do you know what a feminist is?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: