Talk

Advanced search

to have not realised unprotected sex with Dh would get me pregnant?

(92 Posts)
LolaRennt Sat 04-Jun-11 16:18:53

3 years ttc my dd1.. loads of ttc sex, unprescribed clomid, everything before I was lucky enough to get pregnant.

So why is it now that she is 4 months old, and we've done it like twice, and I have only had 2 periods and she only finished BF last month do I suddenly find myself up the duff. I mean honestly. What the actual fuck.

DD was 2 weeks late, this baby they could end up with the same birthday.. I am a moron. Yes, I ABU

DelGirl Sat 04-Jun-11 16:20:44

congratulations smile

LolaRennt Sat 04-Jun-11 16:22:03

Thanks smile

katvond Sat 04-Jun-11 16:22:09

Yes your a Moran OP sorry did you MW tell you nothing, you can easily get caught after you given birth and protection should have been taken. Up the duff hate that word.

InFlames Sat 04-Jun-11 16:22:29

Congrats :-)

nancydrewfoundaclue Sat 04-Jun-11 16:23:07

Congratulations!

Found myself in a very similar position smile

Tyr Sat 04-Jun-11 16:23:20

You're not a moron; just very fertile. Good luck with the pregnancy.

ajandjjmum Sat 04-Jun-11 16:24:06

Ha....similar happened to me, although it was a more respectable 15 month gap!! grin Congratulations - it'll be hard work but fantastic in the long run.

holyShmoley Sat 04-Jun-11 16:24:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LolaRennt Sat 04-Jun-11 16:24:50

ta inflames

katvond, I have PCOS and it took forever the first time. I actually thought as I was older and gained so much weight during my pregnancy on top of the prev issues...actually no excuses. I accept i am a moron

Meglet Sat 04-Jun-11 16:25:01

Congrats!

FWIW I think the same thing happened to Jamie Oliver and his wife, they had lots of problems first time round then conceived their DC2 soon after their first was born.

nancydrewfoundaclue Sat 04-Jun-11 16:25:20

katvond interestingly both my MW and Dr said not to worry about going on pill due to clomid and EBF....

ChickensHaveNoEyebrows Sat 04-Jun-11 16:26:28

Lovely way to be a moron, though, eh? wink Congratulations grin

ZZZenAgain Sat 04-Jun-11 16:26:43

twas meant to be

ApocalypseCheeseToastie Sat 04-Jun-11 16:27:25

Oh yes, a moron indeed envy

katvond Sat 04-Jun-11 16:27:27

I was teasing OP your not a moron just very fertile all of a sudden. As long as your happy and it's what you both want then that's the main thing. It may seemed a bit rushed for you as youve just had a baby

diddl Sat 04-Jun-11 16:27:47

But you´ve had periods-so why are you surprised?

Congrats-but I also hate "up the duff".

Sounds like it´s a bad thing/not wanted(imo)

BertieBotts Sat 04-Jun-11 16:27:57

Happened to a friend of mine too! Apparently, sometimes having a baby can sort of "straighten out" any problems, so to speak.

Congrats smile

LolaRennt Sat 04-Jun-11 16:28:07

So you had infertility as well nancy? Its all a bit of a head fuck isnt it? I mean I can only be very early days.. so may come to nothing. But I'm just genuinly a bit confused dh seems to be in denial.

katvond Sat 04-Jun-11 16:28:51

Nancy my MW said the opposite to protect myself as soon as I just took on board what she said and more so once I stopped BF

ChippyMinton Sat 04-Jun-11 16:30:02

Congratulations grin

My eldest DC are 12m 3w apart!

katvond Sat 04-Jun-11 16:31:21

Of course your a bit "oh no" I would be too. You will both be in shock

ChunkyPickle Sat 04-Jun-11 16:31:52

Congrats!

I was interested in Kellymom's stats on it - apparently, as long as there's no AF it's actually great contraception in comparison to other methods.. but once AF's back in action you need to be as careful as usual.

I'm in the other boat - 9 months on, would like to think about a second quite soon, but I think I'm going to have to dramatically drop the amount of BFing to encourage things to start moving again and make it possible

zukiecat Sat 04-Jun-11 16:32:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DelGirl Sat 04-Jun-11 16:33:11

I expect you're both completely shocked but nevertheless, once you get your heads around it, I bet you'll be thrillled. It will be hard work work no doubt but amazing to fall so easily after what you have been through smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: