Talk

Advanced search

To tell BF just stop looking at her ex's facebook

(6 Posts)
bluebellewood Sat 04-Jun-11 13:32:23

I'm afraid I have lost sympathy and patience with her. She continues to follow her ex partners every move on face book and then visits me in a highly emotional state. I have told her she must distance herself from him. He has just married his new partner. I want to tell her to just STOP IT! AIBU?

pommedechocolat Sat 04-Jun-11 13:35:24

How long have they been split up? Does she have a new partner herself?

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Sat 04-Jun-11 13:35:46

YANBU. She's tormenting herself.
But, as someone who still looks at an ex, and feels the sting 10 years later, it's easier said than done.

I hope your friend manages to distance herself soon. smile

BilboBloggins Sat 04-Jun-11 13:42:00

Is her name Adele?

bluebellewood Sat 04-Jun-11 13:44:42

They split up 8 years ago. She has not found anyone to replace him, although she has been out on dates. He was the love of her life, but they were totally mismatched from the start. Its all so sad, and such a waste of her energy.

helenthemadex Sat 04-Jun-11 13:45:53

i guess people vary in how long they take to get over a split, and it does depend on the circumstance of the split, but by continually following him and worrying about what he is up to she is not moving on at all

sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind so yes maybe stop it and not being so sympathetic will help her

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: