Talk

Advanced search

To LOVE soft white lush bread?

(31 Posts)
thighslapper Sat 04-Jun-11 09:02:43

Bought a loaf of Warburtons medium and OMG it is just bloody lovely.

I NEVER buy this as i will just eat the whole loaf.

I am the same with Tiger bread......

what do you NEVER buy as you know you will demolish the lot single handedly and with much guilt?

altinkum Sat 04-Jun-11 09:06:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LuckyMrsT Sat 04-Jun-11 09:06:45

The big size Dairy Milk. It will take me no longer than a small one. And wine. Except I do buy wine...

kampakat Sat 04-Jun-11 09:09:54

Damn it - now I want tiger loaf!

<<searches bread bin in vain ... finds only healthy brown stuff sad>>

<<wonders if getting dressed is really necessary before visiting Tesco>>

cybbo Sat 04-Jun-11 09:12:34

Yes I Do love it

I stopped eating it

And lost almost half a stone

OnEdge Sat 04-Jun-11 09:13:19

I have big soft white bread too, I counteract it by having a massive bowl of all bran every day grin

OnEdge Sat 04-Jun-11 09:14:52

cybo my husband also stopped eating bread and lost a stone in a month.
If he eats bread for a couple of days, he puffs up over night, even his face will look fat grin

aldiwhore Sat 04-Jun-11 09:15:14

Cybbo I've lost some weight by eating healthily but I do think a major factor is that I no longer eat my Saturday night TV 'snack' of tiger bread and brie..... cor I miss it, not sure I could actually eat a whole loaf now! (Who am I kidding?)

thighslapper Sat 04-Jun-11 09:16:20

kampat just put your coat on over your PJs.....no one notices, i do this every week day for the school run...go on, it will be ok.

change slippers to flip flops though cos thats just weird grin

TheFlyingOnion Sat 04-Jun-11 09:19:51

Oh God I love Tiger bread, but any bread is the work of the devil diet-wise...

i can't buy Choco Leibniz biscuits - I can have polished them off before I even get home. Pure gluttony.

There's only nine in a packet, but even so... blush

melikalikimaka Sat 04-Jun-11 09:25:15

Toffypop biscuits, literally have to run past them in the shop. I know if I have one, there's about 8 in a box, I will eat the lot. (thinking, 'to hell with it, I deserve these!') Yes white bread, fresh from the bakery is beautiful, I agree.

thighslapper Sat 04-Jun-11 09:28:36

see now, i dont drink, i dont have indulgant tastes, rarely even buy myslef clothes,

so yes, i do deserve this treat, its cheap, and so very fulfilling

sausagesandmarmelade Sat 04-Jun-11 09:33:24

Love white bread for fishfinger sandwiches (with tomato ketchup)...but usually get brown as it's healthier.

Haagen Dazs pralines and cream icecream is a real weakness of mine...

JoyceBarnaby Sat 04-Jun-11 09:44:46

Jaffa cakes. I could easily eat a whole packet in one go but if they are left in the cupboard then they will still only last a day or two as they call to me when I walk past.

"Joyce... Joyce... Eat me..."

Before I know it, I'm going to grab another one as I start another boring household task and the packet is empty!!

IgnoringTheChildren Sat 04-Jun-11 09:46:28

Just had tiger bread toast for breakfast - yummy! grin

My main food "issue" at the moment is viennesse biscuits, I have my favourite brand but will pretty much scoff any that come my way (and I'm sooo tempted to make some with DS1 the next time he wants to bake, but that would be a mistake!) I'm not normally into biscuits so hopefully it will pass when I stop BF DS2...

beesimo Sat 04-Jun-11 09:47:08

DO you know what Sorbolene is ladies?

It is a chemical derived from chicken feathers I expect you may be a bit surprised to find that a lot of supermarket bread contains it. It is proccessed mainly in china and comes over here in liquid form before being added to white bread. There is also a proccessing method in India where human hair off corpses can be used to make basically the same chemical.

How else do you think you can stop bread going stale/mouldy for so long?
B wouldn't give it to her pigs.

LadyOfTheCuntryManor Sat 04-Jun-11 09:50:00

Bees- I saw that on Jamie's Food Revolution about human hair and chicken feathers being used in Sundae sauces in the States.

Made me shudder. Thankfully we only eat brown and seedy stuff.

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jun-11 09:55:09

Can you provide any links to that? I can't find anything about sorbolene containing chicken feathers - even this site whih I think is a bit hysterical anyway, and I can't find anything about sorbolene being in bread

beesimo Sat 04-Jun-11 10:06:35

Google

Does your daily bread contain human hair, or duck and chicken feathers

This should take you to the London Central Mosques info on it

Don't look if you don't want to know a lot of you on MN are very naive about food and I don't want to upset thee

pointydog Sat 04-Jun-11 10:07:52

I have googled. Didn't find much. Link.

pointydog Sat 04-Jun-11 10:08:25

Oh, google that sentence?

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jun-11 10:08:27

Thanks - will have a look now

beesimo Sat 04-Jun-11 10:08:41

I have sent thee to a Muslim site so you can'tjust say bloody whingin farmers who don'tlike imports as the site has nought to do with us.

TheFlyingOnion Sat 04-Jun-11 10:10:49

is it sorbolene that makes tiger bread taste so chew-scrumptious?

Yummy....

kw1986 Sat 04-Jun-11 10:11:28

Bread often contains L Cysteine, that comes from human hair and feathers etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now