Talk

Advanced search

in hoping someone gets sacked

(6 Posts)
Morph2 Sat 04-Jun-11 00:09:40

Can't post too specifically in case i get identified but basically someone from work has been suspended, i don't know exactly what for but theres rumours.

Totally unconnected to the reasons for the suspension this person (whos in a management position) has been a total bully over the years, and has made an 18 year old girl cry as one example of his bullying, also in our staff newsletter he wrote an article on his 20 years with the company and his greatest acheivement was discovering something that then got someone the sack, ok the person who got the sack was crap but who puts that as their greatest achievement?? Is me hoping he gets sacked bringing me down to this level?

vanessasmum Sat 04-Jun-11 00:15:12

hi morph. working with good people makes a crap job fun. working with tossers is hell. anything that makes your workplace more pleasant should be welcomed!

MumblingRagDoll Sat 04-Jun-11 01:04:09

YANBU. Making young girls cry at work is enough for me to be on your side.

Icelollycraving Sat 04-Jun-11 01:13:30

Does yr glee at him getting sacked make you similar to him in that he was pleased someone got sacked?
If he has been suspended,then clearly there is a problem. Making people cry is never good management skill though. Maybe this will make him reevaluate his procedure & drag them into current acceptable guidelines.

lesley33 Sat 04-Jun-11 08:23:40

I believe you when you say he is a bully and in his case making someone cry is not good. But tbh I have employed a 19 year old woman who would regularly cry if she got something wrong and anyone pointed this out to her.

purepurple Sat 04-Jun-11 08:36:22

I agree lesley33. I have worked with lots of 18 yr olds and it's not really that hard to make them cry.
OP, YABU. His superiors are at fault for letting him become a bully and condoning it.
Seems a bit harsh to hope that someone gets sacked. Did the sacking that he was so proud of lead to a criminal conviction? If so, that puts a different light on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now