Talk

Advanced search

To let my local Co-Op know that one of their cashiers hurled racist abuse at me on the bus last August

(143 Posts)
justicemustprevail Fri 03-Jun-11 23:47:19

Well? I saw the bitch working in my local Co-Op the other day. I don't want to go into detail about what happened, but I was not the guilty party and I did not provoke this woman in any way. She was lucky I didn't phone the police.
Should Co-Op be told that they have hired a racist bigot?
Oh and I will do it purely out of revenge and the fact that she is ruining Co-Op's clean image.

usualsuspect Fri 03-Jun-11 23:48:16

errrr ..oookay then

TakeMeDrunkImHome Fri 03-Jun-11 23:49:37

You can't expect a rational or helpful response without more information.

portaloo Fri 03-Jun-11 23:49:49

What are you expecting them to do about it? confused

justicemustprevail Fri 03-Jun-11 23:49:49

Thanks for the helpful comment.

RevoltingPeasant Fri 03-Jun-11 23:50:26

Erm hmm If it is the same woman, she has obviously done something really terrible, but she didn't do it at work or in work uniform (I guess), so why is it her employer's problem?

Either call the police (to report a legitimate incident of racial abuse) or leave it be. tbh her employers will probably just dismiss it as they are not in the business of punishing out of work incidents and you don't (presumably) have any actual proof.

justicemustprevail Fri 03-Jun-11 23:50:50

I just want them to know that she is a bad egg, and maybe get her fired?

worraliberty Fri 03-Jun-11 23:52:36

Don't be so ridiculous!

I think I'll walk into my local bank on Monday and tell them one of their cashiers bullied my sister.....

L8rAllig8r Fri 03-Jun-11 23:52:51

YABU. If it wasn't on company time and she wasn't in uniform, it's got nothing to do with her employer. And unless you reported it at the time, I doubt the police would be very interested in an incident that happened 10 months ago either.

Dolcegusto Fri 03-Jun-11 23:52:55

They can't fire her for being a 'bad egg', it's illegal.

Birdsgottafly Fri 03-Jun-11 23:54:52

You won't get her fired unless she is charged by the police for racial abuse. They will want your details and these things have a way of being made public, so be aware that you trying to cause trouble for her may bring yourself problems. If you have a legimate complaint then go down the correct route, which is not via her employer.

portaloo Fri 03-Jun-11 23:55:09

Why didn't you report it at the time Justice?

justicemustprevail Fri 03-Jun-11 23:55:17

Okay, well I'm going to complain anyway. I don't particularly want to walk into my local supermarket everyday and be faced with the woman who threatened me and swore at me.

portaloo Fri 03-Jun-11 23:56:25

I'm confident she wont swear at you or threaten you in the Co op if she is working there. What exactly are you going to complain about?

Birdsgottafly Fri 03-Jun-11 23:56:26

You will come across as a bit of a crank tbh.

justicemustprevail Fri 03-Jun-11 23:57:28

I didn't report her because I didn't want to go through the courts, it would have been too much stress and I was having a tough time with health issue, I didn't need the extra stress.

worraliberty Fri 03-Jun-11 23:58:22

Hopefully they'll ban you from there anyway once you've finished trying to get one of their new staff sacked for something you can't prove...they'll think you're unhinged and have a vendetta against her.

Actually, you may find the lady in question takes you to court for harrassement/slander if you can't prove what you're saying.

justicemustprevail Fri 03-Jun-11 23:59:02

I meant "issues". I'll just do it anonomously. Tell them they hired a racist bully. It'll make me feel better.

Birdsgottafly Fri 03-Jun-11 23:59:47

Have you only had the one incident with her and is she young? Perhaps she has changed or won't remember you or was herself having a bad time when it happened?

portaloo Fri 03-Jun-11 23:59:58

Anonymously will probably be taken even less seriously by the Co op imo.

DontGoCurly Sat 04-Jun-11 00:00:36

I just want them to know that she is a bad egg

heheh YES, because large faceless corporations really care about the compass http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/furioso2112/barfingeyerollsmileys.gif of their workers VS their power to process more orders than ever before!

Get a GRIP OP !

justicemustprevail Sat 04-Jun-11 00:01:13

Why would they hopefully ban me worraliberty??

Birdsgottafly Sat 04-Jun-11 00:01:32

Why not write a letter and bury it somewhere? That way there will be no harm done but you may feel better. I would wear gloves you never know they may hand it to the police, if you do send it.

vintageteacups Sat 04-Jun-11 00:01:34

Wouldn't it be better to see if she does it again and leave it at that if she doesn't behave badly again? If it was once, you can't really not give her the benefit of the doubt and forgive her previous behaviour.

If she does it again however, then report her to the manager.

DontGoCurly Sat 04-Jun-11 00:01:58

argh I meant moral compass

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: