Talk

Advanced search

M&S knicker sizes have run amok! What's going on? Who knew?

(24 Posts)
queenceleste Fri 03-Jun-11 23:10:49

Bought some M and S size 12 pants, it's been awhile since I bought some there....
and they are enormous! I could sail to Australia with a few of these sewn together and a mast and a row boat.
If I'm size 10 than somebod's taking the piss!
What's going on? I'm not size ten!!!!!
This tuckuss is size ten in its dreams.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 03-Jun-11 23:13:21

Oh yes, tell me about it. I bought some granny knickers in a hurry the other week, dashing for Eurostar. The fucking things won't even stay up - I've been buying the same size for years and years and years, and the same style.

My tuchass is considerably larger than yours, too. grin

queenceleste Fri 03-Jun-11 23:14:37

But what's going on? What are they thinking? Do they think we're all eejits?
Is NOTHING sacred?! grin

Mandy2003 Fri 03-Jun-11 23:16:11

All my life I've found that M&S pants have far too much "arse room" in them. I thought maybe they'd fit as I get older. No chance now it seems! My favourites: Primark or Morrisons bikinis, five pairs for £3 - lovely!

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 03-Jun-11 23:16:27

I bought DD1 some age 13-14 knickers there as well, and I can get into them - I'm a size 18 (and the rest)!

queenceleste Fri 03-Jun-11 23:24:38

Mandy you are clearly the bearer of a micro-tuckuss.
All hail that little tuckuss and respect to you.
But they are lying to all of us and they are M and S and they should hold the sword of truth high and not wiggle it around in dishonesty.
Where are we when M and S is bullshitting about our nations bottoms?

MrsPoyser Fri 03-Jun-11 23:39:00

I'm a size 8 (well, I'm the same size I was ten years ago when it was a 10) and can't wear M and S knickers any more because the size 8 falls off. I just can't buy knickers anywhere else, partly because there isn't anywhere else in my town where I could buy them as part of a basket without having to talk about it, so I'm now wearing the old ones which have holes and strings of dangly elastic. But now it occurs to me that the solution is in M and S children's wear. As long as they're not too keen on letting girls be girls...

queenceleste Fri 03-Jun-11 23:42:13

Mrs Poyser, I bow to your micro-tuckuss as well for sure. All hail.
But for the rest of us, I just want the truth.
It's M and S for goodness sake!

They took £40 of tokens which I found that had been given to me in the EARLY 80s, and they accepted them in the late 90s. Much respect to Messers M and S!

Noellefielding Sat 04-Jun-11 21:22:15

they're massive, sizes are all changed.

plainwhitet Sat 04-Jun-11 21:49:51

I saw a woman in M and S this week trying pants on over her jeans, next to the pants display. So if everyone is doing this no wonder they are so stretched ....

Honeybee79 Sat 04-Jun-11 21:52:02

Oh no. I have a selection on order. Shit. I quite like my pants big though grin

Panzee Sat 04-Jun-11 21:52:16

plainwhitet I suspect she was a superhero. grin

MamaMary Sat 04-Jun-11 21:55:02

Primark have gone the other way. Their size 12 vest tops look about a size 6 to me.

Maryz Sat 04-Jun-11 21:56:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youarekidding Sat 04-Jun-11 21:57:57

My mum bought some size 14's as they are larger than normal. They didn't fit promting her to diet (she looks great now btw and done brilliantly) and me to dance around happy that they fell down. grin

Regardless of the fact they were pants and I wear boxers.

WineComesInAtTheMouth Sat 04-Jun-11 21:59:14

<weeps into wine >

Bugger. I fit the size 16 ones I bought the other day....

I have lost half a stone in last 3.5 weeks and thought I was doing really well until I saw this thread!

<I covet your tiny arses envy >

Maryz Sat 04-Jun-11 22:10:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WineComesInAtTheMouth Sat 04-Jun-11 22:24:30

Maryz oh how I wish I'd lost 3.5 stone! grin

Alas only half stone in 3.5 weeks. Thank you for making me feel better though, and I will bear in mind that the size 16s are really size 16s. Tsk. Naughty ol M and S. But I blame their food my lack of willpower anyway.

<endeavours to stick to diet this time>

emmspemms Sat 04-Jun-11 22:39:02

Tee hee, I work in a health club , opened up this morning to find a note from the part timer ( 6 th form boy ) that a pair of knickers left behind in ladies, now in lost property . They were a pair of size 14 sloggi big knickers. How I laughed picturing him with a pair of marigolds on picking them up with tongs!
They were enormous!
Are they going to be collected, I wonder ?

Noellefielding Sat 04-Jun-11 22:40:59

LOL panzee

respect to all arse sizes but OP is right
Where are we all when M and S are Liars?

mrszimmerman Tue 07-Jun-11 15:13:01

Appalling but it is true, they've gone off the chart for some reason. When did this happen? I don't know what to think.

BranchingOut Tue 07-Jun-11 15:17:07

YABU. Buy Sloggis, then you know where you are.

mrszimmerman Wed 08-Jun-11 00:38:21

ahhh sloggis, where does one purchase sloggis? Is it John Lewis and upwards from thither?

BranchingOut Wed 08-Jun-11 08:36:31

yes, plus the usual online places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now