Talk

Advanced search

to think dogs should be banned from beaches from April to September

(380 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Fri 03-Jun-11 22:04:06

Two words: DOGS MESS!!

AgentZigzag Fri 03-Jun-11 22:06:16

I thought they were, well, they are round these parts.

I can imagine some ignoring it though, especially at night.

WholeLottaRosie Fri 03-Jun-11 22:06:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DooinMeCleanin Fri 03-Jun-11 22:06:50

Oh for gods sake! Seriously? Again?

Yabu.

Yawn.

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Fri 03-Jun-11 22:07:42

And so many not on leads. Grrrrrr!

iEmbarassedMyself Fri 03-Jun-11 22:09:10

You have to be joking.

Threadworm8 Fri 03-Jun-11 22:09:23

They are banned from loads of beaches. The ones they are allowed on tend to be those that aren't greatly used for swimming, picnicing , playing etc.

Luckily all our bee-uutiful Northumbrian beaches are too cold for all that, so dogs have free rein.

PaddingtonStare Fri 03-Jun-11 22:10:09

tryingtobemarypoppins and FailingToBeBarbaraWoodhouse?

YABU.

Yawn.

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Fri 03-Jun-11 22:11:23

Not here on the south coast though. Todays beach visit was a blue flag beach......??

DooinMeCleanin Fri 03-Jun-11 22:12:11

Omg! People are exercising their dogs off lead? Quick call the army. It must be stopped.

babybythesea Fri 03-Jun-11 22:12:12

All of them? So I can't go anywhere for a day out at the coast with my whole family (which includes my dog)? Round me, they are banned from some beaches all the time, others between April and Sept, and from others still, not at all. You don't like the dogs being around? Go to a beach which is dog free. But don't come to one of the few, near my home, which lets me take my dog, and then complain about it.

Ormirian Fri 03-Jun-11 22:12:18

They are from most. But not from all. What's wrong with that?

GastonTheLadybird Fri 03-Jun-11 22:15:07

I don't like dogs and would rather not be around them but I think YABU, I understand but you have to acknowledge it's your issue.

I don't like dogs but lots of people love them and they are as entitles to use public spaces, especially as many are restricted.

EggyAllenPoe Fri 03-Jun-11 22:15:27

well, from most uber-touristed beaches dogs are banned april-sept.

our beach is fine all year - but busy only for a few days in summer. in actual fact dog walkers make such a high percentage of users, a summer ban would sigificantly decrease usage....(as, for some dogs, a lead walk is no walk at all).

ILoveYouToo Fri 03-Jun-11 22:15:59

PaddingtonStare said

"tryingtobemarypoppins and FailingToBeBarbaraWoodhouse?

YABU.

Yawn."

grin grin Exactly!

I am not permitted to take my dog on to the vast majority of beaches during this period, despite the fact that I religiously pick up after her and keep her under control. The places I can holiday between those months are incredibly limited due to these restrictions. Yet that's not enough for you? What the fuck is your problem?? confused

MmeBlueberry Fri 03-Jun-11 22:16:39

Dogs are banned from most popular beaches during the summer season.

activate Fri 03-Jun-11 22:16:58

I shall say this very carefully as you are obviously hard of thinking

go

to

a

no dogs allowed

beach

instead

EggyAllenPoe Fri 03-Jun-11 22:17:00

and, OP - where do you think the seagulls crap?

because that is a foul creature if there ever was one.

ILoveYouToo Fri 03-Jun-11 22:18:02

GastonTheLadybird I think I might love you.... grin

MadamDeathstare Fri 03-Jun-11 22:18:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MmeBlueberry Fri 03-Jun-11 22:19:50

It's a shame to ban dogs from beaches because they appreciate them so much more than people who have nothing but complaints.

Threadworm8 Fri 03-Jun-11 22:21:59

We had a seal on our beach the other day. smile

It was dead and very smelly.sad

Our dog rolled in the seal-tainted sand in front of the corpse and smelt of digested fish.

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Fri 03-Jun-11 22:23:49

No not hard of thinking activate, we did indeed remain in the dog free zone.....the dogs however didn't.

MadamDeathstare Fri 03-Jun-11 22:24:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DooinMeCleanin Fri 03-Jun-11 22:26:06

Seagulls should also be banned obviously. And cats. Cats should be banned period. Children should be banned, they drop litter. Smokers should be lined up and shot. And don't even get me started on fish. Did you know they piss in the sea shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now