Talk

Advanced search

to have spent the whole afternoon on mumsnet

(13 Posts)
MichaelaS Fri 03-Jun-11 20:03:16

instead of working like I was supposed to do?

Well, since 3pm anyway. I am going to take work home and catch up though. but I seem to be addicted.... is there some sort of support group for this?!

Numberfour Fri 03-Jun-11 20:04:24

Sorry, cannot answer now. I have too many other threads I am following .....................

TittyBojangles Fri 03-Jun-11 20:05:01

Mumsnet anonymous? I need to find my local branch! My name is TittyBojangles, and I am addicted to Mumsnet!

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 20:05:21

do not login when at work. really.
<stern look>

MichaelaS Fri 03-Jun-11 20:08:11

I tried.... but then the work was so BORING.... and there was this thread I was following.....

sigh

actually have to log off now and put DS to bed..... think I can manage without a fix overnight? or will I be back on later, wine in hand?

nevergoogle Fri 03-Jun-11 20:18:57

you'll be back. grin

Henrythehappyhelicopter Fri 03-Jun-11 21:16:10

I tried to log on at work, but the received a message saying this site has
been blocked due to indecent content.

IprivateI Fri 03-Jun-11 21:49:35

You're essentially being paid for not doing anything. Is that really fair on the company you work for? No, I don't think so. Don't ever apply for The Apprentice.

LITTLEGEEK Fri 03-Jun-11 22:37:44

I only meant to pop on for an hour after LO went to bed but got carried away. DH is out at a sportsmans dinner so I'm taking advantage of indulging my 'addiction'.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Fri 03-Jun-11 22:44:08

Its a dangerous addiction, mines soo much worse now I have a decent phone... Park is now somewher I don't mind!

MichaelaS Tue 07-Jun-11 16:40:59

Ha hah! not back until now! smile

IprivateI erm, not really. I work 3 days a week and am paid 9-5. I work about 7 or 8 hours of unpaid overtime per week, and I don't get a lunch hour either. As long as I am productive for 21 hours any week then i have worked what i'm paid for, everything else is excess.

Is that really fair on me? No, I don't think so, but that's the culture I have chosen to work in and am trained for. If you think you should work only the hours you're paid for then don't ever apply for The Apprentice - which is not really the height of business excellence to be honest! smile

roz1982 Tue 07-Jun-11 17:45:57

I am bloody WELL addicted to mumsnet!!! been on and off ALL DAY. Not been in work due to feeling to ill and it provides me with comfort and solace; ah the root of all good addictions!!!

fedupofnamechanging Tue 07-Jun-11 17:50:10

I've been on and off all day today. promised myself that I was going to go and do something more productive but it's like a big black hole that sucks you in and forces you to stay until you get rsi from all the furious typing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: