Talk

Advanced search

to hunt down the person who thinks it's ok to give a child a whistle to play with

(19 Posts)
AuntieMonica Fri 03-Jun-11 16:32:25

at the park in the middle of our estate......and then grind said whistle into dust, and force feed it them via a funnel?

it's been constant 'peep, peep peeeeeep' for the past 4 evenings and i'm a bit bored of it now angry

thought so, i'll open the wine then

AnyFuleKno Fri 03-Jun-11 16:34:03

ah whistles, jumpers for goalposts, penny chews...

TooManyBlossoms Fri 03-Jun-11 16:37:37

I'll see you the whistle and raise you a recorder. A little darling has been "playing" it constantly for 3 days, starting at 7.30 this morning. FFS.

loveulotslikejellytots Fri 03-Jun-11 17:18:13

One word... violin hmm

Oh and YANBU, i'd shove it somewhere if I were you... sideways!

ILoveYouToo Fri 03-Jun-11 18:31:26

grin AnyFuleKno

OP YANBU. I hate random shrill noise. Some people have no fucking consideration at all for those around them. angry

worraliberty Fri 03-Jun-11 18:33:42

Oh god the kid next door has a recorder and I want to grab it and shove it where the sun don't shine angry

I wouldn't mind if they taught him to play the fucking thing but all he does is blow it like a friggin whistle hmm

AuntieMonica Fri 03-Jun-11 19:28:34

it's still bastarding going angry

ILoveYouToo Fri 03-Jun-11 22:03:02

I hope it's stopped by now! Last summer there was some little dipshit blowing a vuvuzela all afternoon. By 6pm I snapped and bellowed
"Would you SHUT UP!!" into the ether (we live in a cul-de-sac). The noise stopped shortly afterwards. grin

ZXEightyMum Fri 03-Jun-11 22:14:12

My sister had a recorder and she would fervently play it. I still shudder at the memory because she would occasionally get the notes right but not the timing, so my favourite songs would be mangled because every note was the same length and she didn't realise it should be any other way angry

I would like to ban recorders.

Drums and whistles are usually bought by GPs. I have put a stop to this by insisting that such things should remain at their house. Interestingly, they haven't thought that the DC should have anything noisy for years now.

ElizabethDarcy Fri 03-Jun-11 22:18:02

We evicted tenants because they played the vuvuzela throughout any and all sports games showing on the TV every weekend. The body corporate emailed us and told us people were complaining... their lease was up for renewal, and we didn't renew.

Something for people (who think 'any noise is okay noise'... especially if made by your precious child, and b*ggar anyone else), to think about.

ILoveYouToo Fri 03-Jun-11 22:22:34

I'm not entirely convinced by this "I don't mind happy noise" argument either; if it's incredibly high pitched, shrill screaming, I don't fucking care whether it's happy or sad; it still feels like my head will explode.

PaddingtonStare Fri 03-Jun-11 22:29:59

YANBU. Grind up and force feed away. grin

My parents thought it funny to buy my already noisy children loud toys such as whistles and drums. I thought it was funny to insist that these remained at Grandma and Grandpa's house. There was no way a recorder was ever going to get through my door either. Violin, I didn't mind, my elder one played it for a while and it wasn't too objectionable, but a recorder would have quickly been shoved up someone's ass hidden.

MadamDeathstare Fri 03-Jun-11 22:32:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pixel Fri 03-Jun-11 23:23:43

YANBU and can I add campsite owners who think it's a good idea to sell harmonicas in the camp shop? What on earth are they thinking?

Icelollycraving Fri 03-Jun-11 23:26:53

Yanbu!

TakeMeDrunkImHome Fri 03-Jun-11 23:27:20

I had to pretend the neighbours had complained about DDs fucking rip your own ears off annoying lovely cheap and cheerful beeping blaring bubble gun. Oh sorry love it's too loud for the baby next door...but mum it's only half 5...yes well babies go to sleep early [embarassed[

narna Fri 03-Jun-11 23:31:45

Oh god,i once went on a day out with my friend and she bought her DS a whistle.He proceeded to play it loudly on the train on the way home until i pointed out that if she didnt stop him someone was going to stick it where the sun dont shine-couldnt get over the fact that she thought it was ok to let him do that on a train full of people but then i bloody hate them ...

Blackcoffeeandcigarettes Sat 04-Jun-11 07:53:26

I work in retail,and whenever we hear a child with a whistle/recorder/noisy thing. We judge....

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 04-Jun-11 07:58:59

my mate put whistles in party bags shock
she admits this was not her finest hour

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: