Talk

Advanced search

Leaving a bit of a negative review about a tea room

(10 Posts)
unspoilmykid Fri 03-Jun-11 13:52:53

On the local community website. It wasnt very nice but should I just vote with my feet and not give a bad review?

LaWeasel Fri 03-Jun-11 14:05:35

What wasn't nice about it?

If they were, for eg, rude and expensive - I think it';s fair enough to let other people know that.

If they just didn't have much sandwich variety I probably wouldn't bother.

unspoilmykid Fri 03-Jun-11 14:06:07

Expensive and a bit grimy

dolldaggabuzzbuzz Fri 03-Jun-11 15:26:17

What did the tea room do/not do? YANBU to leave a negative review. How many times will you let them get away with whatever it is they have/haven't done?

youmeatsix Fri 03-Jun-11 15:29:18

had someone else left a truthful review you may not have gone and went somewhere nice
yes you should leave a factual review

bufforpingtonchick Fri 03-Jun-11 15:34:43

If the website has a review facility and presumably the cafe have chosen to be listed, they're fair game for honest criticism IMO. Perhaps compliment something small about it too, to make it a more kind review?

horriblemotheragain Fri 03-Jun-11 15:37:26

I left a critical review of a cafe recently, and was happy to do so as they were very rude and essentially turned us away as we were a large group with children and it was a Sunday. They couldnt' be bothered, basically, so we didn't even get served! I searched for a review site specifically so I could post a critical review of the lazy sods.

Just be honest!

bunjies Fri 03-Jun-11 15:37:40

As long as you're factual and don't exaggerate.

LaWeasel Fri 03-Jun-11 17:06:12

I think as long as you stick to facts it's fine - so avoid, 'obviously hadn't been cleaned for weeks' (which is an objective judgement, and unless you work there you've got no idea how quickly it gets dirty) and say something more like 'not as clean as I would expect a tea room to be'

LordOfTheFlies Fri 03-Jun-11 19:25:17

YANBU to give a bad review as long as it is honest and revelant
That way they might take on board and change things.It is a service industry so they need to keep the customer happy.Customer is always right wink
There are so many small businesses going to the wall so you would hope they'd try and get it right.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: