Talk

Advanced search

To take a 7mo to the cinema?

(10 Posts)
Anythingwithagiraffeonit Fri 03-Jun-11 10:17:08

It's half term, so will probably be full of kids.

I'm just sooooo bored... Damn half term taking away all my usual baby activities!

HeidiKat Fri 03-Jun-11 10:23:11

Does your local cinema not do special baby friendly showings, mine does on certain mornings.

lynehamrose Fri 03-Jun-11 10:25:29

I would have thought 7 months is about the worst age, as they aren't old enough to keep still and quiet or understand what's going on, but too old to sleep blissfully unaware. Doesn't really make any difference whether older children are at the cinema or not- really, sitting through a couple of hours in a cinema with a 7 month old just isn't fair on anyone!
Have you not got glorious sunshine? Get out to a park!

BionicEmu Fri 03-Jun-11 10:33:48

A cinema near us do Cinebabies showings every so often - designed for children under 1 year old. Not kids films, usually whatever's popular at the cinema at the time, last week it was Hanna. I took DS once but he cried all the way through (he wasn't the only one though!). It seems really young babies are fine cos they sleep or feed all the way through, and older babies are fine because they either watch or play through it. DS is 7 months now and I'm going to wait again until he's a couple months older. Might be worth looking into? I'm with the other poster with regards go to a park, enjoy the sunshine!

poopnscoop Fri 03-Jun-11 10:35:09

I am with lynehamrose here... get out! 7 months olds don't belong in a cinema.

Marne Fri 03-Jun-11 10:36:42

The sun is shining, why would you want to sit in the cinema with a baby? go to the park or feed the ducks.

Anythingwithagiraffeonit Fri 03-Jun-11 10:39:52

Because I'm so bored. I've been to a park (and the farm) every other day this week.

I just feel completely fed up today and even DD seems bored.

Marne Fri 03-Jun-11 10:41:15

Swimming? picnic? Visit family? Shopping?

olderyetwider Fri 03-Jun-11 10:45:25

Sounds like what op needs is something vaguley interesting to her. No matter how much you like feeding ducks etc it does get a bit boring. I'd go for it, if you think you can keep baby quiet enough so you can watch the film

thesurgeonsmate Fri 03-Jun-11 10:52:42

We had a great trip to the cinema when dd was 6 months. Not a peep. If that sort of baby, why not?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: