Talk

Advanced search

To have a small glass of wine at 1.20am because I've just finished my classes annual reports!!!

(39 Posts)
montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 01:23:30

DH is in bed so all alone down here, but so pleased to have finished them all. I feel I deserve a treat!!

madhattershouse Fri 03-Jun-11 01:25:00

Have one from me!!! wine

montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 01:26:46

will do, cold glass of white has been poured!

montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 01:29:10

sorry should have said Thank you, how rude of me!

madhattershouse Fri 03-Jun-11 01:30:08

grin ENJOY!!

mamandeouisti Fri 03-Jun-11 01:32:56

Go for it!

Onceamai Fri 03-Jun-11 01:38:07

Haven't they got exams to do before reports should be written?

montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 01:42:59

Year 2 so all assesments are complete! Although i know most teachers spend all half term writing reports, exams play a very small part of the assesment process, we generally know where the children are at this stage of the year.

Caz10 Fri 03-Jun-11 02:08:47

Well done! Mine were due after the Easter break so spent many an hour sobbing into laptop at around this time! Enjoy the wine!

unspoilmykid Fri 03-Jun-11 06:25:46

What if a child makes great headway in the next 7 weeks? What do you do then?

cookcleanerchaufferetc Fri 03-Jun-11 06:50:52

There a 7 weeks left ..... Youre doing them now! And very late at night...

InTheNightKitchen Fri 03-Jun-11 09:08:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 09:12:58

I said it was an annual report not an end of year report!! If a child changes that dramatically in the 3 weeks before they go out then I can change them (I didn't chisel them in stone!!. For goodness sake it is better they are done now so I can concentrate on teaching the children, planning and marking my evenings away, in the next few weeks rather than trying to find 30 spare hours to write them and having a tired stressed teacher. I enjoyed the wine by the way!!!

TheFlyingOnion Fri 03-Jun-11 09:14:00

ooh well done you wine

I finished mine about a fortnight ago - what a relief!

To those who say there are 7 weeks left; reports have to be completed, buddy checked, checked by the head of year, then the head of school, then printed, stuffed into envelopes and handed out. It takes ages

There's a parent's evening at the end of term, so any changes or improvements can of course be discussed then, together with the rest of the report....

cookcleaner does it make a difference if reports are done late at night, or in the middle of the afternoon? Just wondering...

TheFlyingOnion Fri 03-Jun-11 09:14:39

oop x posts!

montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 09:18:52

Thank you flyingonion and all you others for the glasses of wine!

Goblinchild Fri 03-Jun-11 09:20:37

I'm almost half way with mine.
<sniff>
Can I have wine to keep me going?

montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 09:24:57

of course you can, although someone will probably be along in a minute to say how can you possibly have a glass of wine and still be able to write a report, 7 weeks early, before exams!! Your almost at the top of the mountain and it is always easier going down. x

TheFlyingOnion Fri 03-Jun-11 09:26:10

here you go Goblinchild wine

although you should really be doing them half-cut at 2am. Its the only way you'll be brave enough to write the truth... grin

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Fri 03-Jun-11 09:36:21

Isn't anyone going to get in a piss about the pitiful state of teachers' English these days?

No one?

<whispers> Op, your thread title. How many classes do you teach? Where's the apostrophe?

YANBU btw grin

TheFlyingOnion Fri 03-Jun-11 09:38:24

its skool harf term Jenai so we can doo wot we like grin

52Girls Fri 03-Jun-11 09:42:07

Blimey, you like to play hard don't you op. Knock yourself out!

montymum Fri 03-Jun-11 09:42:35

Oh dear and I was teaching the possessive apostrophe last week! It was late blush (goes to reread all reports to check for mistakes!)

Goblinchild Fri 03-Jun-11 09:42:39

'although you should really be doing them half-cut at 2am. Its the only way you'll be brave enough to write the truth..'

I do. Then I re-read them in the cold, clear light of day and change the bits that wouldn't get past the censors. smile

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Fri 03-Jun-11 09:52:18

Lord, there's an aspect of teaching I don't envy. How on earth do you remain diplomatic?

Constanza is a precocious little gobshite, and if it wasn't so evident from whence her delightful character came, I'd pity you for having to live with her. Still, her grasp of the possessive apostrophe is top notch. Every cloud and all that... wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: