Talk

Advanced search

To make a formal complaint to Hotel Chocolat because they don't have the Cocktail Sleekster anymore?

(24 Posts)
Inertia Thu 02-Jun-11 22:15:37

I was sooooo looking forward to asking for a box for my birthday, but they don't have them on the website , and a search result says that they have stopped making them. I am craving margarita chocolates now.

BTW some half-arsed summer puddings box will not cut it- there's even some hideous sounding coconut concotion in it! And nary a mention of vodka or tequila in any of them!

tinkertitonk Thu 02-Jun-11 23:51:25

Thank god for a worthwhile topic.

Try Ebay.

takethisonehereforastart Fri 03-Jun-11 00:33:12

I love Hotel Chocolat. I've never tried that flavour, and now I never will, but they sound very, very lovely.

emptyshell Fri 03-Jun-11 07:32:24

WHAT?!

It's my birthday this month and I ALWAYS get a box of them for birthdays and christmases (hubby lacks inspiration on this front but its forgiveable if it sends him there)!

Not happy - only slightly less happy than when Lush discontinued my favourite bubble bath bar that I still complain bitterly about whenever I go inthere.

Tee2072 Fri 03-Jun-11 07:34:20

Why do people like Hotel Chocolat so much? A shop opened in our city centre and they had free samples.

I thought it was the worst chocolate. Waxy and almost tasteless. Especially at those prices!!

vj32 Fri 03-Jun-11 07:38:10

Hotel Chocolat is fab. Loads of different flavours, all labelled if suitable for vegetarians/vegans so you know what you are eating.

Inertia Wed 08-Jun-11 13:29:50

Ebay for chocolate ?

Tee - have you tried the cocktail ones? There are some things in the HC range I can take or leave, but these are seriously delicious.

Emptyshell, please let me know if you do get them for your birthday (or a suitable replacement!)

emptyshell Wed 08-Jun-11 13:32:21

I'm getting Thorntons - found the box hubby had "hidden".

He needs to get a job back in the City Centre so he can buy me good chocolates again!

strandednomore Wed 08-Jun-11 13:36:09

I can't believe anyone wouldn't like Hotel Chocolat - you must have just been unlucky. I honestly can't eat "normal" eg Thornton's chocolate any more because I find that waxy and tasteless.

As for OP - there are LOADS of other great flavours and types of flavours. May I in particular recommend any of their products made with the St Lucian cocoa from the Rabot Estate?

honeybee007 Wed 08-Jun-11 13:36:54

I love HC! The chocolates are amazing! My dd got me a box for giving birth to her haha my mum told dp to get me a present after a horrid labour so he ordered a box off dd, made me cry haha. Hoping new baby is as considerate too :O

Inertia Wed 08-Jun-11 13:40:20

Stranded - still need to try those. My heart belongs to the margarita choc though.

strandednomore Wed 08-Jun-11 13:41:51

I have to admit to being a huge fan of margarita's generally but not sure I would want to mix it with chcocolate wink.

slowshow Wed 08-Jun-11 13:42:36

YANBU.

I would complain if they discontinued their caramel chocolate slabs. Or their praline chocolate slabs for that matter.

TheSkiingGardener Wed 08-Jun-11 13:53:01

Hotel chocolat are crap, the chocolate quality is reasonable but they don't make good chocolates, if that makes sense. Heavy and clunky with wired flavours.

Thorntons is complete rubbish since they changed to British chocolate, all the chocolate quality of a dairy milk.

If you want GOOD chocolates, get yourself to Sweet Surrender in Thame. They bring them in from Belgium (drool, dribble)

strandednomore Wed 08-Jun-11 13:58:10

If you really like chocolate you need to go for HC's purists range rather than their flavoured stuff. I don't think that could be called heavy and clunky.

honeybee007 Wed 08-Jun-11 14:12:28

I hope you're proud of yourself inertia I have spent my whole free time perving looking at the HC website and drooling! dd will wake any minute and I haven't done anything constructive uh oh

ILoveDrKarl Wed 08-Jun-11 14:23:46

I am just as sad about the fact that gemstones have now been moved to the selector range meaning they are only available in stores and not online. As we live in Scotland where there are no stores (and the John Lewis branches don't do selector range either) I can now only get these when we go on holiday or when my husband travels to London for work. I am very upset and I have told them so!

sausagesandmarmelade Wed 08-Jun-11 15:31:29

Mmmmm I just LOVE Hotel Chocolat chocolate...

Much, MUCH better than thorntons.

Tis expensive it's true...but their chocs are just YUMMY!

PharoahNuff Wed 08-Jun-11 15:33:49

i have fot summer things on order

sausagesandmarmelade Wed 08-Jun-11 15:40:39

for really scrummy chocs (available on ebay) try mathez truffes fantaisie

totally amazing...and really reasonably priced
suitable for vegetarians too

ILoveDrKarl Wed 08-Jun-11 17:50:46

Just started a Hotel Chocolat Appreciate Thread over in Chat - share the HC love...

BatmanLovesRobin Wed 08-Jun-11 18:19:41

I was very upset when they got rid of these amazing chocolates that were basically dark chocolate, roughly crushed almonds and chili. Mmmmm. Now I love their chocolate covered salted peanuts. Ooh, and the griottes, and isabelle grin

Since being on Slimming World have had to pass hc by...sad

Inertia Wed 08-Jun-11 19:04:49

Batman , I seem to keep getting selections / best of boxes with Griotte Deluxe and IMO it is the most over - rated chocolate ever ! Think I have to accept that the ones I really love are all essentially chocolate plus hard alcohol.

Emptyshell despite my best hinting I ended up with Tesco finest for Mothers Day, I empathise totally !

honeybee sorry !

sausages - ah I seeee now re EBay!

DrKarl will take a look. Is that Aussie radio doctor Dr Karl BTW ?

ShirleyKnot Wed 08-Jun-11 19:09:41

They do a lemon mousse-y truffle-y White chocolate amazelate thing.

I can't go there, I could eat 10 at a time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: