Talk

Advanced search

'If you thought the royal wedding was lots of fun...'

(25 Posts)
AgentZigzag Thu 02-Jun-11 18:41:17

'...you wait until you hear what's planned for the Queens diamond jubilee weekend!'

Was how George Alagiah broke the news of the upcoming festivities on the Beebs 6 o'clock news grin

AIBU to be adrenaline pumped about it already and planning the menu for Sunday lunch with the neighbours??

BeerTricksPotter Thu 02-Jun-11 18:53:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShinyMoonInAPurpleSky Thu 02-Jun-11 19:47:28

I loved watching the Golden Jubilee concert they put on. I was about 12 and had just discovered Queen so was thrilled that Brian May and Roger Taylor were playing.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 02-Jun-11 19:54:17

YANBU... Another impromptu Royal-related bank holiday? Do you think Kate could be persuaded to knock out a sprog so we get more hols to celebrate their birthdays?

tiredgranny Thu 02-Jun-11 19:55:05

brian may on the top of bp was out of this world the atmosphere was brilliant the getting home was shit so beertrickspotter will be working that weekend

GypsyMoth Thu 02-Jun-11 20:30:46

what are the plans??

EdithWeston Thu 02-Jun-11 20:35:54

Something about a flotilla (open to applicants who can keep up 4 knots for 2 hours), a double Bank Holiday, a concert (open public lottery for tickets) a formal service of thanks at St Pauls and a procession right across London.

And lots of street parties!

tiredgranny Thu 02-Jun-11 20:37:56

if u do not get ticketsthey have big screens in mall and the park nearby cannot remember what called

AgentZigzag Thu 02-Jun-11 20:40:17

I perhaps should have put a bit more sarcasm in the OP grin

It was the excited way he said it followed by a list of pretty dry events (here Tiffany) that made me laugh.

It's never going to top the silver jubilee when I was 6 when we had a heated discussion over whether hay actually caused hay fever grin

GypsyMoth Thu 02-Jun-11 20:41:03

oh,we'll prob go down for a look then! we did for the royal wedding,was a bit of a laugh

SmethwickBelle Thu 02-Jun-11 20:44:38

First thing I thought when I heard about this "lunch with your neighbours" thing was "I'll have lunch with the neighbours if the Queen does too". The REAL neighbours not an invited list. Or she can come and have lunch with MY neighbours if she likes. We'll get another deckchair out of the shed.

I don't mind the idea of it it's just like Dave Cameron telling us to volunteer or Bono telling us to give to charity.

catinboots Thu 02-Jun-11 20:45:07

Holy fuck. How old am I??

BeerTrix when was that when Bryan May was on the roof? I thought that was just a couple of years ago????

boysrock Thu 02-Jun-11 20:45:28

That'll be another bank holiday I wont be paid for and will be manically busy over.

Four day bank hol extravaganzas should be banned imo.

Yabu. I'm already dreading it. grin

catinboots Thu 02-Jun-11 20:46:07

Sorry not BeerTrix. I meant ShinyP

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 02-Jun-11 20:47:35

I am very excited about the bank holiday. We were concerned at work in case she pops her clogs before the jubilee.

mrsjohnsimm Thu 02-Jun-11 20:48:54

Wasn't Brian May her 80th in 2006, rather than the Golden Jubilee?

TheFlyingOnion Thu 02-Jun-11 20:49:53

OMG thats how excited I am already. OMG!!!!!!!

When Kate "knocks out a sprog" my excitement will be complete. grin

boysrock Thu 02-Jun-11 20:50:03

dont worry kenDodd if she does pop off that should be a day off for the funeral and imagine the hooha over a coronation.

AuntiePickleBottom Thu 02-Jun-11 20:50:29

lol at kendoddsdadsdog.

looking forward to it already smile

TheFlyingOnion Thu 02-Jun-11 20:50:31

*kendodd" "concerned at work" had me lmao grin

FannyLogan Thu 02-Jun-11 20:52:15

Brian May was def 2002

Georgimama Thu 02-Jun-11 20:54:26

Bryan May on the roof of Buck House was definitely the Golden Jubilee - nine years ago.

Yah boo sucks - a diamond jubilee is pretty special (there's only ever been one other), I'm looking forward to it.

And yes Princess Perfect will have sprogged by then.

AgentZigzag Thu 02-Jun-11 20:55:25

Any predictions for when sproglette will put in an appearance onion?

TheFlyingOnion Thu 02-Jun-11 20:57:27

well, according to my insider sources ZigZag (me mam) I'd say two years; after their Anglesey grace period comes to an end....

I totally loved the Royal Wedding. Got completely carried away...

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 02-Jun-11 22:00:23

Oh yeah that would be two bank holidays. A sad one and a happy one. And wondering whether Camilla would be queen. The newspapers wouldn't need to worry about anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now