Talk

Advanced search

My daughter has sand on her because of your kids!!!

(32 Posts)
heathermumof3 Thu 02-Jun-11 17:52:45

I am so mad today. I went to the local farm/petting zoo with my 3 kids and my friends 2 girls. They was all playing nicely in the sand pit. There was a man there dressed to the nines with his 2 kids. All of a sudden he shouted me over saying his daughter has got sand on her from my kids. I started laughing and said well there playing in a sand pit. His daughter had a lovely white out fit on (for the day at the farm) and she was playing with my 3 in the sand. He then said I should take more care of how my children play in the sand. My 2 year old had accidently dropped his shovel of sand on the childs lap. I was fuming and told him that kids will be kids and if he did not want his children to get dirty he shouldnt have let them play in the sand. Am I being unresonable to day this.

rubyslippers Thu 02-Jun-11 17:54:02

YANBU

TandB Thu 02-Jun-11 17:56:00

You should have tipped a shovel of sand over him and said "and now you have sand on you because of me".

AgentZigzag Thu 02-Jun-11 17:56:17

You were entirely reasonable to laugh at him and is preciousness.

Sand pits are a PITA though grin

millie30 Thu 02-Jun-11 17:56:18

Wow his kids' childhood will be a barrel of laughs. YANBU.

MillyR Thu 02-Jun-11 17:56:50

I clicked on this to find out if it did genuinely involve me, then remembered that it was my dogs, not my kids, who were responsible.

cupnoodle Thu 02-Jun-11 17:58:19

Message withdrawn

pookietherabbit Thu 02-Jun-11 17:59:06

YANBU!

What an idiot. Must have been awkward afterwards...

heathermumof3 Thu 02-Jun-11 18:00:31

I would of loved to of tip a bucket of sand on him. His little by wiped his hands on his dads legs he went mad and told him he was not aloud to play in the sand again lol. By the end of the day my boys was covered in sand and dirt and my baby girl was filthy. To me this means my kids have had a good day.

MizzyFizzy Thu 02-Jun-11 18:01:52

YANBU.

FGS it was a farm...he was lucky his DC was only covered in sand!

Longtalljosie Thu 02-Jun-11 18:03:32

He put her in a white outfit to go to a farm? He was lucky sand was the worst of it..!

LordOfTheFlies Thu 02-Jun-11 18:08:18

That is child cruelty (according to my DCs) to take a child to a play are where there is potential for mud/dirt/grass stains/sand/hay/straw/animal dung and not let them get mucky
White outfit! Farm! For Heavens Sake!

Besom Thu 02-Jun-11 18:16:33

No Yanbu.

My daughter has been eating sand today. She claims she likes it.

IgnoringTheChildren Thu 02-Jun-11 18:30:06

WTF! shock Clearly YANBU. His poor kids. sad

posterofagirl Thu 02-Jun-11 18:33:09

Bless him. Poor clueless thing.

TheFlyingOnion Thu 02-Jun-11 18:33:36

what a miserable time his kids must have if they can't get dirty sad

SardineQueen Thu 02-Jun-11 18:35:48

Poor kids sad

BumWiper Thu 02-Jun-11 18:42:11

OMG killer sand,quick run.
What a twatface numpty.

Careful she dosent step on the killer grass,or,heaven forbid,spill killer ice cream on herself.

For what its worth I never put white on my scruffians.

TidyDancer Thu 02-Jun-11 18:43:34

Oh Lord. YANBU. It was probably a parent on a rare day out with the DC(s) and not really understanding appropriate behaviour. At least I hope so....

Avantia Thu 02-Jun-11 18:58:35

He'll have a shock one day when playing in sand pit and finds a dog turd in it wont he !

Disclaimer - I have a dog but would never let it poo in sand pit.

ohnoudidnt Thu 02-Jun-11 19:00:12

What a tosser.

overmydeadbody Thu 02-Jun-11 19:02:16

Sand!! Oh the shock of it.

YANBU. Those poor kids with a dad like that.

Jojay Thu 02-Jun-11 19:03:10

YANBU

emsyj Thu 02-Jun-11 19:04:13

Next time someone says something to you that is utterly ludicrous, here is the 'one size fits all' response - "oh, right". Accompanied by facial expression indicating utter lack of interest only very slightly disguised by veneer of politeness.

kw1986 Thu 02-Jun-11 19:09:40

I took DD to a farm last week... She somehow ended up with a small amount of animal shite on her hand which she wiped on my jeans before I had a chance to stop her... Compared to that, some sand would have been preferable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now