Talk

Advanced search

You're in a cinema and your kid starts kicking the back of the chair in front .....

(119 Posts)
Lorenz Thu 02-Jun-11 16:03:22

Do you make them stop it or assume the people in front don't mind??

Or do you think if the people in front DO mind, they should move?

silverfrog Thu 02-Jun-11 16:04:56

you give them one chance to behvae (ie stop kicking) and then you take them home again.

no ifs, no buts.

wordsonascreen Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:06

Are you stark raving mad?
The people in front don't mind???

PuppyMonkey Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:17

Make em stop. I'm assuming you experienced one of the two other suggestions during a cinema trip today?

BeerTricksPotter Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RichTeaAreCrap Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:33

erm ...I would make them stop it.

Why on earth should somebody have to move because a child is kicking their seat when the child could just be told to stop doing it?

IHateMarlo Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:38

You are kidding right?

Or are you the kicked one?

reelingintheyears Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:45

I stop my children doing it..

What else would you do? confused

Thingumy Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:54

You make them stop.

How about I sit behind you and kick your seat? I'll assume that you don't mind hmm

Dropdeadfred Thu 02-Jun-11 16:06:05

you make them stop immediately and if they don't you take them home

Hammy02 Thu 02-Jun-11 16:06:26

Tell the kid to stop. Obviously.
The people in front don't know whether you are a decent person or someone that will scream obcenities at them if they ask you to parent your child.
No way should they have to move. Obviously.

lubberlich Thu 02-Jun-11 16:06:59

Make them stop and if it has disturbed the people in front I make child apologise. Equally if a kid is kicking my chair I will complain.

blackeyedsusan Thu 02-Jun-11 16:07:09

a hissed "NO" If that didn't work they would be carried out under one arm, kicking and screaming if necessary.

wouldn't take ds though as he is small and tantrummy so not worth the stress of trying to get him to behave.

MadamDeathstare Thu 02-Jun-11 16:07:37

Salmotrutta Thu 02-Jun-11 16:08:18

The kicker's parent removes the offending child but the kickee should turn around (if nothing is done) and politely ask them to desist from their kicking.
This is like aeroplanes - can't abide children sitting kicking the back of my seat whilst the parent remains oblivious.

BurningBridges Thu 02-Jun-11 16:08:22

I'd like to see the answer to this, as this happened to me when I was seeing a film with DD then aged 5. After half an hour of mine and my DD's seat being kicked, sweets being thrown onto us etc. - I turned round and said quietly to the boy - he must have been 8 or so - sitting with his Dad "don't do that please love" and smiled. An hour later as we got up to leave the cinema, the father tried to push me down the stairs.

I suppose he assumed I wouldn't mind.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Thu 02-Jun-11 16:09:04

One chance and we leave, I HATE being the kickee so to speak really annoys me

Lorenz Thu 02-Jun-11 16:09:07

Yesterday. Sitting down to watch Pirates of the Carribean and a family sit behind us. The lad sat behind DS began kicking the back of the chair in an annoying rhythm and the parents didn't say a thing. Even when I turned around with a cat's arse face they were just grinning at their kids like idiots. In the end DS turned around and said "Can you stop kicking the chair?? I'm trying to watch this film!" and the mum actually tutted and told her darling DS to "stop kicking, there's a good boy"

It shouldn't take that, surely??? if I see DS kicking the chair, I tell him to pack it in immediately, I don't assume that the people in front obviously don't mind as they havn't said anything. Some people are so selfish.

MadamDeathstare Thu 02-Jun-11 16:09:52

Salmotrutta Thu 02-Jun-11 16:11:06

You could always try moving to sit behind them and giving them a taste of their own medicine .................... just kidding smile

MadamDeathstare Thu 02-Jun-11 16:12:11

BeerTricksPotter Thu 02-Jun-11 16:12:11

lubberlich Thu 02-Jun-11 16:13:45

I took my DS to the theatre to see Fireman fucking Sam last month and a kid of about 7 sat on her dad's lap next to me and spent the whole time kicking me. I did all the usual huffing in the hope they'd get the picture but eventually I had to say "Do you mind ..." They looked at me as if I was insane and just carried on. Never underestimate how many morons there are out there.

Lorenz Thu 02-Jun-11 16:14:46

And the constant trips to the shitter, I mean - if you know your kid can't sit for longer than 20 mins without faffing about with toilet breaks - sit at the end of the bloody row so everyone doesn't have to stand up to let you past every few seconds!!! IRRITATING!!

Thingumy Thu 02-Jun-11 16:15:39

I avoid cinema trips due top the high percentage of wankers such as the OP experienced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now