Talk

Advanced search

to have rediscovered my love of Heinz tinned macaroni cheese?

(21 Posts)
TeacupTempest Thu 02-Jun-11 15:07:52

I know its probably not exactly the most nutritious meal but please bear in mind I am pregnant and suffering with morning sickness.

Tinned macaroni cheese and brown bread have been all I can face for the last two days

BornInAfrica Thu 02-Jun-11 15:14:06

You must be ill!!! grin

CroissantNeuf Thu 02-Jun-11 15:19:17

Rather you than me.

To me it always smells of vomit.

When I had bad morning/afternoon/evening sickness I had a thing about potatoes (when pregnant with DD) and tinned tomato soup (with DS)

LindyHemming Thu 02-Jun-11 15:21:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Butterbur Thu 02-Jun-11 15:29:06

Oh, I had a thing for that with my first pregnancy, with tinned tuna mixed in. It was the ultimate comfort food when I couldn't face anything else.

Bluemoonrising Thu 02-Jun-11 15:32:25

YABU.

My son is an absolute macaroni cheese addict, so I bought that thinking it would be an easy way to keep him supplied.

It is even worse than cheesy pasta (in the orange boxes), which I actually thought was impossible to acheive.

Home made, every time!

EauRouge Thu 02-Jun-11 15:33:33

You can get macaroni cheese in a tin? confused Yuk! But since you are pregnant you are allowed to eat whatever you like. I craved supernoodles with both DDs and normally I think they are vile.

CharleneysWishWellingtons Thu 02-Jun-11 15:34:45

Love it grin and the cheesy pasta! Even when i'm not pregnant!

Sqee Thu 02-Jun-11 15:35:45

<boakity boak boak> grin

AuntieMonica Thu 02-Jun-11 15:36:21

this is my face sad reading this thread!

it doesn't even taste of cheese shock

<boke>

CharleneysWishWellingtons Thu 02-Jun-11 15:38:41

My Mum & Dad bought me about 100 (exaggeration) tins of the stuff a few weeks ago. It was the best present i've ever received grin

nickelbabe Thu 02-Jun-11 15:44:20

[boak][boak][boak]

I remember the first time I ate real macaroni cheese.
I couldn't believe Heinz had been passing that crap off all those years (and started a life-long hatred of macaroni cheese)

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 02-Jun-11 15:48:04

I do love that tinned stuff. It is shite, but tasty salty fatty shite.
When I was pregnant with DD, all I ate was samosas and skittles. I would get up in the morning, boak eat a couple of samosas, boak again, have a packet of skittles and once they'd settled walk over to the supermarket for some more samosas. They had to be potato and could be supplemented with parotha.

FreudianSlipper Thu 02-Jun-11 15:49:56

i have never tried it looks horrible

i have recently rediscovered my love of dairylea grin why did i have think goats cheese or brie tasted better its delicious ds keeps asking where the triangles have gone

tigercametotea Thu 02-Jun-11 16:09:19

It smells like vomit to me but if you have a craving for it now, by all means, eat it. Better than not eating at all.

GeekCool Thu 02-Jun-11 16:10:22

love it and I love cheesy pasta. Generally hangover type food though, not something I eat regularly. YANBU

TeacupTempest Thu 02-Jun-11 16:12:03

Its a love hate relationship. Surly better than some cravings though?

razzlebathbone Thu 02-Jun-11 17:07:56

I bought my DD (3) this as they told me she loved it at nursery. When I put it in front of her she screamed and went mad for 'the Marks & Spencer's one!!' confused

LordOfTheFlies Thu 02-Jun-11 18:44:38

Even allowing for the raging hormones YABsooU.
The macaroni is cooked to bu**ery and as for the sauce-if it's lucky a block of cheese might have wafted over the pot.
Homemade deffo. Strong cheddar, cubes of mozerrella and a veggie parmesan breadcrumb crust.NomNomNom.

pookietherabbit Thu 02-Jun-11 19:17:13

Up to you!

I couldn't stoamch it, personally.

Cherrypi Thu 02-Jun-11 19:37:25

Ooh me too and I'm pregnant. I've only been eating yellow things the past few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now