Advanced search

Or is my DD G&T?

(24 Posts)
strandedbear Thu 02-Jun-11 12:50:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pinkjenny Thu 02-Jun-11 12:51:46

<<pushes lunch away>>

saythatagain Thu 02-Jun-11 12:52:22

Wow! There will be other mntters along soon to give you some help/assurance, but I didn't want your thread to go unanswered!!!!!!!!!!
<tootles off, still wowwing>!!!

Butterbur Thu 02-Jun-11 12:52:31

Haha. You should've posted this in the G&T section!

strandedbear Thu 02-Jun-11 12:53:33

BelleEnd Thu 02-Jun-11 12:54:38

grin grin grin

I think mine is too... His spectacular tantrums are a way of letting of creative energy because he is not being academically stimulated by day-t-day life.

BeerTricksPotter Thu 02-Jun-11 12:57:20

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 02-Jun-11 12:57:49

Mine is too at 3yrs old he can shout B U M spells BUMMMMM and then laugh hysterically for an hour. Ok that is my fault as I let him watch steptoe and son

MissPenteuth Thu 02-Jun-11 12:58:58

My 15mo has just discovered that fingers fit up noses too. Hasn't managed to eat it yet though. Not sure if I'm more or less proud of her for that grin

youarekidding Thu 02-Jun-11 13:14:17

Oh no, my DS may need extra support - he didn't learn to do this until 5yo. grin

<<googles suitable home tutors>>

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 02-Jun-11 13:25:28

YouareKidding, I am sure there are some on MN wink

ennistonemother Thu 02-Jun-11 13:30:10

YABU.

My DD picked her nose and ate it yesterday, and she is not yet 4 months old.

Admittedly it may have been accidental, as she swiped around trying to get her hand in her mouth, but I look forward to telling her in future years that her first solid(ish) food was one of her own bogies.

Jennytailia Thu 02-Jun-11 13:37:17

grin brilliant grin

complexnumber Thu 02-Jun-11 13:37:37

G&T will never mean anything other than Gin and Tonic to me... So, is there really a G&T section that I have missed where we can discuss the various merits of Gordons over Bombay Saph, or how many ice cubes to use, or even whether to use lemon or lime slices.

To OP, your child has style and talent.

ComeAlongPond Thu 02-Jun-11 13:39:07

Last week a woman came to our house to pick up her (distinctly average) ds and explained her horror that the school had no g&t program.

"Yes they do," my mother (a teacher there) said.

"That's wrong," said Other Mother. "There isn't one. My ds isn't in any g&t scheme. I've contacted the school several times and they assure me he isn't on any g&t program."

"Yes... that might be true... but just because he's not on it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They definitely have one. Tbh I'm not sure you can ring up and ask to have your son put on it, really..."

"Well I'll ring again and make sure but I'm telling you, DS isn't on a gifted and talented program. There isn't one at the school."

Bonkers. Completely and utterly bonkers. I wouldn't be surprised if the school are just telling her one doesn't exist to get her to leave them alone!

youarekidding Thu 02-Jun-11 14:01:11

come along that is bonkers but well done your mum for speaking up. grin

TrillianAstra Thu 02-Jun-11 14:20:21

What a bonker woman CAP!

Yes I generally think of Gin and Tonic too. Come back and impress us when your DD can make you a G&T at age 3.

AbsDuCroissant Thu 02-Jun-11 15:09:39

I agree with complex number. Having thread titles, and a whole section using G&T, and NO MENTION of Bombay Sapphire or Hendricks and cucumber - it is an abomination.

Favourite - schweppes tonic, Tanqueray number 10, lots of ice, lime - defo some put on rim so you taste a bit with each sip.

EldritchCleavage Thu 02-Jun-11 15:19:21

Plymouth gin. Every time.

I whisked a giant bogey out of DS's nose the other day. He is 2. He asked me if he could put it up mine. Was rather surprised I said no.

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 02-Jun-11 15:52:54

Bombay sapphire, three ice cubes, slice of lemon and minimal schweppes. DD is able to make the perfect G+T.
She has had the hook action for bogey eating since she was about three.

meditrina Thu 02-Jun-11 15:55:30

complexnumber: you might need this G&T thread.

CRS Thu 02-Jun-11 16:00:20

My son is very clearly gifted and talented. He can slam doors, tell me hates me and he didn't ask to be born, and stay in bed til as late as eleven o'clock in the morning, and he isn't even a teenager yet.

BelleEnd Thu 02-Jun-11 16:55:18

CRS , how lucky for you. He is clearly a philosopher, and has a great mind. My 5-y-o will make great breakthroughs in the field of dietary science. He insists that an after school snack that does not contain refined sugar is not actually classed as food at all... Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a new and exciting theory? Also, he has come to the conclusion after many years of painstaking research that the crusts on shop bought sliced bread is acceptable, but not home made.

I await news of his Nobel Prize for Science.

FreudianSlipper Thu 02-Jun-11 17:03:07

My ds is such a little intellectual its frightening. He asks questions like how are tigers sick, how do fish cry, how do owls walk and he is only 3.8 he is not interested in the simplicity of animals facts like what they eat and where they live

bit concerned he is not picking and eating, probably does this in private already aware that it is socially unacceptable

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: