Talk

Advanced search

to think wheelchairs take priority?

(8 Posts)
purplepidjin Thu 02-Jun-11 11:53:50

On a train. Two empty and unfolded pushchairs, 2 adults with1 child(that I cansee), and a wheelchair user stuck out in the corridor. Luckily a nice person moved their buggy so I could get a wheelchair in the other space.

Aibu to think the poor person in the corridor deserves the other space and the buggies should be folded since neither contains a child?

scurryfunge Thu 02-Jun-11 11:56:14

You are right.

bubblecoral Thu 02-Jun-11 11:56:42

YANBU, but did the owner of the other buggy know that there was a problem? I have always found people to be very considerate of wheelchair users.

CMOTdibbler Thu 02-Jun-11 11:59:03

You are totally right, and those pushchairs should be folded as a matter of course. And the staff should make sure the wheelchair user can use the space

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Thu 02-Jun-11 12:12:37

Yanbu, same rule on buses, I had two under 18mnths in a double and managed folding up so wc could have the space why can't anyone else!

purplepidjin Thu 02-Jun-11 12:12:45

Thanks I was a bit hmm but not sure if its me being oversensitive as a carer or or they actually are bu!

I'm very grateful to the person who moved for us and the num with twins and toddler who let us in the disabled loo even though she was there first!

strandedbear Thu 02-Jun-11 12:16:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LRDTheFeministDragon Thu 02-Jun-11 12:20:15

Of course you're right - but it's also possible the other person in the wheelchair didn't mind where they were.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now