Talk

Advanced search

SOME POSTERS IMPLY WOMEN are as violent as MEN Study the prison figures, please

(51 Posts)
ScousyFogarty Thu 02-Jun-11 11:33:38

Last prison figures I saw.

About 70,000 men in prison. Against 8,000 or so women. (enormous difference.)

FOOTBALL? I have watched good stuff from men and women. Men much more violent and cheat much more than women

SAYING SORRY? Many men are emotionally incapable of saying SORRY...they think it is Cissy and see themselves as Clint Eastwood.

DRIVING ACCIDENTS? Some reasearch suggest women drivers are much less likely to be speed hogs and racers on open road.

TO SAY WOMEN ARE LIKE MEN is to libel most women. (And you might end up peeing in the wrong toilet)

I do of course generalise. I can name examples of bad women. But men are in the Premier League.

shirleyshortcut Thu 02-Jun-11 11:37:18

i think a lot of women get let off going to prison because they have kids

MadamMemoo Thu 02-Jun-11 11:38:25

For once Gabby I agree with you!!

worraliberty Thu 02-Jun-11 11:40:55

If you're going to post prison figures, at least research and post those who are in prison for violent offences.

strandedbear Thu 02-Jun-11 11:42:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thumbwitch Thu 02-Jun-11 11:44:50

Is scousyFogarty GabbyLoggon? in which case, isn't he a man?

onagar Thu 02-Jun-11 11:45:04

I'm a man and was brought up (in the olden days) to believe that too.

What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !"
What are little girls made of?
"Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!"

My DP laughs at me for it - she thinks it is sweet, but really naive.

Be prepared to be kicked to death by the feminists who demand the right to be better than men at everything - even violence smile

ABitBatty Thu 02-Jun-11 11:55:38

There is only actually around 4,000 women in prison smile

ScousyFogarty Thu 02-Jun-11 11:57:13

Unless your argument is evidence based it will be likely to be defensive and
emotional....

To say womem are like men in termsof violence is to Libel women and to misrepresnt the nature of men. (Please do a bit of research)

I am not BLAMING men or women Men were the hunter gathers that involved killing . So why are men trying to deny their manlyness?

The sexes are what they are because of genes. DNA and all the other scientific things. Why deny that obvious truth

And all of you, stay peeing in the right bogs

ScousyFogarty Thu 02-Jun-11 12:00:00

Batty less women in clink than I thought 76,000 men?

ScousyFogarty Thu 02-Jun-11 12:00:42

against 4.000 women wow

ABitBatty Thu 02-Jun-11 12:01:49

Your argument isn't evidence based though is it? Actually, what is your argument?

Your figures are way out, especially in respect of women - you've doubled the actual amount.

confused

ABitBatty Thu 02-Jun-11 12:03:28

Around 80,000 men and 4,000 women

JBellingham Thu 02-Jun-11 12:10:11

Statistics and gender are easy to spout and then draw dodgy conclusions...

Elderly care home places are 80% women therefore more women are being farmed out by families than men.

LynetteScavo Thu 02-Jun-11 12:10:26

In the US;

The incarceration rate in state or federal prison or jail for men was 1,384 per 100,000 residents, for women 134 per 100,000 residents. The rate for white men was 736 per 100,000, for black men 4,789 per 100,000, for Hispanic men 1,862 per 100,000. The rate for white women was 94 per 100,000, for black women 358 per 100,000, and for Hispanic women 152 per 100,000.

Does this mean black men are more bad than white men?

ScousyFogarty Thu 02-Jun-11 12:12:11

onagar. Thanks for the verse

BATTY you halfed the amount of women in prison And made my argument much stronger....Figures are never spot on but they tell us much more than guesswork

shirley? women not sent to prison because of kids. For repeat shoplifting, maybe. But men face the courts in much larger numbers for GBH, manslaughter, armed robbery, murder...Why are you embarrASSED BY AN OBVIOUS TRUTH (MOST OF US ARE LAW ABIDING)

ARE YOU GENUINELY SUPRISED AT THESE FACTS OR JUST BEING PREJUDICED

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Thu 02-Jun-11 12:13:36

Message withdrawn

TheDailyWail Thu 02-Jun-11 12:14:43

It's at times like this I misquote to myself "there are lies, damn lies and statistics"

ScousyFogarty Thu 02-Jun-11 12:15:23

J Belly....you are saying the official prison figures are wrong. Well, everybody that takes an interest says they are roughly right. WOULD GUESSWORK SUIT YOU BETTER?

FreudianSlipper Thu 02-Jun-11 12:19:39

sadly if we are to look at the rates of domestic violence it shows that there is a tendency for far more men to be violent but this is towards partners, that does not mean and often they are not violent outside the home

but i hate this women are more conniving, men are more violent, that is our strengths used wrongly both can be very damaging

mayorquimby Thu 02-Jun-11 12:19:57

Can't libel anyone by saying anything tbf.
And cheating and violence is pretty much on a par for womens football from my experience.

I also like your attention to details and statistics.

"I have watched " "Many men" "Some reasearch"

but of course my crude analysis of your post has overlooked the one important piece of information which trumps everything and holds the key to your argument..... CAPITAL LETTERS

Primalscream Thu 02-Jun-11 12:21:49

You can't compare Men and women in this way because we aren't the same biologically.
Young men are pumped full of testosterone - women aren't.

ABitBatty Thu 02-Jun-11 12:21:50

WTF is this all about? Who is embarrassed?

What is your actual argument? That men commit more crime than women?

Prison population

Primalscream Thu 02-Jun-11 12:23:31

Men will always be more violent than women - hence the prison populations.

Thingumy Thu 02-Jun-11 12:26:03

<waits for Radio 5 to be dropped into the mix>

Bonkers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: