Talk

Advanced search

to want a Greggs sausage roll?

(19 Posts)
TheGrumpalo Thu 02-Jun-11 11:32:27

that is all! I moved somewhere where we don't have Greggs last year and I really really want one. I know they're the devils food but they are nice grin

Oh and a nice big cake while I'm there!

strandedbear Thu 02-Jun-11 11:33:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

worraliberty Thu 02-Jun-11 11:34:47

I like Greggs sausage rolls but they're nothing special..and they're never hot enough for some reason? There's a bakers in town that does kin gorgeous sausage rolls though...all light and flaky grin

jasminetom Thu 02-Jun-11 11:35:04

I have never had one but here in the Middle East Greggs sausage rolls are the most lusted after foods followed by creme eggs. I did however drive a 3 mile round trip through the desert a while ago for a box of 6 Krispi Cremes so if you have time, go get yourself one!

Tortu Thu 02-Jun-11 11:40:42

www.myfitnesspal reckons they're 310 calories each, thus you could have 6 of them for today's calorie allowance. Actually, reckon I might nip out and get a couple in tribute. I salute you!

IgnoringTheChildren Thu 02-Jun-11 11:44:28

But surely you'd have to wash it down with a fruit shoot and they're a bit grim. grin

LindyHemming Thu 02-Jun-11 11:45:17

EduStudent Thu 02-Jun-11 12:46:48

YANBU as long as you get me a Sausage and Bean Melt whilst you're there.

ShinyMoonInAPurpleSky Thu 02-Jun-11 12:49:01

YABU Sayers sausage rolls are much nicer.

NulliusInVerba Thu 02-Jun-11 13:19:01

Pastry fat and mashed up bits of "meat" all in one calorific serving.

Why? shock

BatmanLovesRobin Thu 02-Jun-11 13:24:44

Started Slimming World 2 days ago, and have been lusting after a Greggs sausage roll ever since. How very low class of me grin

Mmmmmm...flaky pastry, peppery 'meat', all warm and inviting <drool>

TheGrumpalo Sat 04-Jun-11 11:18:24

Because they taste good! wink

worraliberty Sat 04-Jun-11 11:21:16

I NEED a couple of sausage rolls now hmm

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 04-Jun-11 16:21:07

Not so keen on the sausage rolls TBH, but love Greggs in general and also don't live near one, so YANBU! I love the chicken pasties and the Welsh cakes you only get in Greggs in Wales.

zukiecat Sat 04-Jun-11 17:25:16

mrsdonkeybucket Sat 04-Jun-11 18:45:41

YABU.

I prefer the 'cheese and ham' pastries they do.

Yum.

smile

complexnumber Sat 04-Jun-11 19:24:36

Anytime I drive north on the M1 (fortunately not that often) I know that by about Leicester, I will have the urge for a Ginster cheese pasty.

This urge will increase until just north of Nottingham, when I have to give in and pull over at the Trowell services and indulge myself.

A similar pattern emerges when I head south, (though I normally can hang on until Leicester Forest East, sometimes even Watford Gap)

I never have a Ginsters at any time other than when I am on the M1.

(do you think I am even posting this within the right forum?)

MissVerinder Sat 04-Jun-11 19:26:32

YADNBU. They are delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now