Talk

Advanced search

Or is dh?

(13 Posts)
olibeansmummy Thu 02-Jun-11 10:49:10

Well it's TT fortnight again and we're not going this year, but dh appears to think he can spend the entire fortnight glued to Manx radio on the internet. Last night he came home at 6:30 and put the radio on, completely ignoring me and ds, who he hadn't seen all day. Ds called him from the garden as he wanted to show him how he could balance on his balance bike ( he only got it a week ago for his 2 nd birthday so is quite an achievement!) and he just shouted 'what?!' back then 'I'm busy' when ds kept shouting.

After I put ds to bed, dh moaned at me for putting the tv on as he couldn't hear the radio, then this morning ds actually slept til 7:50 which is amazing for him, but I was rudely awoken at 7:30 from bein properly asleep by dh putting the damn radio back on his phone and I had to wake up to the sound of effing BAT OUT OF HELL by meatloaf! I mean really! Dh souls have gone mental at me if I'd have done something like that angry.

shirleyshortcut Thu 02-Jun-11 10:50:38

cant he put headphones on

Flippingebay Thu 02-Jun-11 10:54:46

grin oh my word I could have written that post word for word... My DH has taken to putting Manx radio on, on his phone, putting his phone in his pocket and walking around the house with it on so he can hear it...

I've just given him a set of headphones after he turned down Emmerdale (how dare he) to listen to the TT...

I've just resigned myself to being a TT widow for a fortnight... He didn't go this year as we can't afford it, i'm begining to think I'd have been better off finding the money and packing him off - at least I'd have got a bit of peace

amberleaf Thu 02-Jun-11 10:55:32

Make sure he goes next year,.

olibeansmummy Thu 02-Jun-11 19:56:44

I suggested going ages ago, but we have ticket to take that on the same day as senior race day. Dh would tell you he's taking me to take that but in reality he wants to go and I'm just being dragged along hahaha!

It's mostly annoyed me that he thinks listening to the TT is more important than giving our son any attention! It's not so bad when it's on the tv as ds is just as bike mad, but at only just 2 he can't really understand the radio!

katkit Thu 02-Jun-11 20:10:26

what's TT?

katkit Thu 02-Jun-11 20:10:39

oh, and yanbu

olibeansmummy Thu 02-Jun-11 20:14:33

It's a motorbike road race on the isle of man. And for people who love bikes,it's like the highlight of the whole entire year lol, like Glastonbury to music lovers, but with more old men in leather jackets lol

katkit Thu 02-Jun-11 20:19:00

thanks oli! sound snoozesome...

olibeansmummy Fri 03-Jun-11 20:46:42

Well now I'm seriously annoyed! We had a BBQ tonight ( at dh's request) but were forced to eat in silence so he could hear the radio, then half way through eating he pulls out his I phone and starts posting a new thread on the TT forum! I mean could it not have waited 5 mins?! I asked dh to bring some fruit cider home so we could have a nice evening in the garden, which is a big deal as I don't really drink, and I'm now sat on my own watching bgt and mums netting while he still listens to Manx radio in the kitchen. Only 7 days left......

SunshineisSorry Fri 03-Jun-11 21:24:07

PMSL at men up and down the country listening to motorbikes going brmmmm brmmmm, if they were watching it on TV i might be able to understand it but listening to it on the radio - hahahahahahahahah!!

olibeansmummy Fri 03-Jun-11 22:31:25

Well the worst part is it's on BBC4 (?) later on, so he listens to the whole damn thing, THEN we have to watch it later on! I don't mind watching it with him, but just listening to the radio is really annoying!

Flippingebay Sat 04-Jun-11 21:03:17

Thankfully mine has gone out to a bike rally this evening so at least I can sit and have MN and the telly to myself.. What's the betting they are all sat around the campfire listening to the radio!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: