Talk

Advanced search

to think I need to say something...

(11 Posts)
Justdontno Thu 02-Jun-11 10:11:48

to my work about the lack of wages? I have worked there for about a month now. Meant to be weekly pay. No wages. I havent said anything as its extra money to us, rather than money we rely on as such and because I am new, I didnt want to make waves. I am not the only one that hasnt been paid either, so we are all kind of in the same boat.

shirleyshortcut Thu 02-Jun-11 10:12:22

i wonder why posts keep getting made twice, must be a forum glitch sad

Yes, you need to say something. Otherwise you are free labour.

AuntieMonica Thu 02-Jun-11 10:13:47

of course you should say something!

you go to work FOR the wages, surely?

have you signed a contract, what does that say about pay?

Groovee Thu 02-Jun-11 10:14:04

I worked for the election count and when my wages weren't in the bank the day after they should have been I kicked up a stink and it took until 6 days later for payroll to pay me and the count manager said I derserved my pay hence why she was chasing it up every day.

I'd be kicking up a stink as you've worked for it and therefore deserve to be paid.

Justdontno Thu 02-Jun-11 10:15:33

no contract, its all very random. To be honest I was just ecstatic someone gave me a job after not working for a long time and that I had something else in life other than my many children. I probably would work for free. How sad. But I guess I better, I just dont want to be known as the nagging work person.

AuntieMonica Thu 02-Jun-11 10:25:01

asking about wages is not nagging, no way! better to know you're actually going to get paid rather than be taken for a ride though?

just have a quiet word with someone who's senior to you...it may be an oversight or they are waiting for bank details from you?

BluddyMoFo Thu 02-Jun-11 10:25:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Justdontno Thu 02-Jun-11 10:27:39

Oh i know they WILL pay me. It seems its been that way there for a while, random pay days...I will speak to them tomorrow when I am working next.

zandy Thu 02-Jun-11 10:50:07

Definitely make a fuss. They owe you.

Hammy02 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:51:44

Definately make a fuss. Your money is sitting in someone else's bank account. Your money. How wrong is that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now