Talk

Advanced search

to not want to drive 1hr 35 mins to coast today and back again with children, one of whom has a broken arm?!

(10 Posts)
Bluebell99 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:09:05

My friend texted to say this is what she is doing today and do I want to go too, or offering to take my ds. I hate driving. Best scencerio 3 hours 10 minutes in the car. We had a nice day out with them yesterday but her kids are very lively and kept bumping my dd's arm, they just don't keep still, and they are very loud!

NotActuallyAMum Thu 02-Jun-11 10:28:33

If you really hate driving that much I wouldn't do it. You'll only spend your time at the coast dreading the drive back

katvond Thu 02-Jun-11 10:33:46

If your DD as a broken arm then perhaps a day at home would be better,I know they would rather be at the beach,but if it keeps getting knocked your DD will be in pain

lljkk Thu 02-Jun-11 10:45:16

I wouldn't do it. 3 hours in a hot car is horrendous, never mind 3 hours with lively kids.

slartybartfast Thu 02-Jun-11 10:49:06

you dont have to
say you are having a day at home,
thanks very much.

might you enjoy it though since the weather is meant to be good?

RunsWithScissors Thu 02-Jun-11 10:50:38

Do you have a DD and ds and friend has offered to take ds? If so maybe he can go and you and DD can do something together? Would she be upset not going?

lesley33 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:52:20

I don't think tbh that it is too far to drive. But if you don't want to go, just say no.

Bluebell99 Thu 02-Jun-11 11:01:07

Thanks, yes have a dd and a ds. Originally i think she was going to go to a pool with flumes and offered to take ds, which would have been great for him and obviously dd wouldn't be able to go.
Feeling guilty as really hate driving distances. Fine pottering around locally. Also a day at beach isnt great for child with broken arm!

JBellingham Thu 02-Jun-11 11:05:24

Let your son go.

Catsu Thu 02-Jun-11 11:25:57

Reply and say that you dont think beach a good idea for DD as she needs to rest her arm but if friend is happy to take DS then that would be lovely, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now