Talk

Advanced search

Its a fact I cant handle drinking wine when I go out socially,Im ok indoors ,my question is

(11 Posts)
winenothanks Wed 01-Jun-11 14:57:54

does some alcohol you drink you are fine on and some you arent,and how does it effect you?.

MalkieFraser Wed 01-Jun-11 15:00:01

Depends on the company.... if I'm in a larger group I tend to feel it more, when I'm at home with my DH i could drink all night and go to bed and read a book.

LordOfTheFlies Wed 01-Jun-11 15:02:06

I made marzipan last Christmas with Amaretto and ate the scraps( alcohol used as there was raw eggblush

Not safe to be let out.Absoloute lightweight,drink about every 2 years so if I lick a winecork I'd be giddy.
So some alcohol makes me stupid.Other alcohol makes me stupidergrin

LindyHemming Wed 01-Jun-11 15:06:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smileANDwave2000 Wed 01-Jun-11 15:07:53

im proud to say ive given upgrin not because i think worse of anyone else for drinking i liked it a tad too much and i decided as i am a carer for two disabled people it wasnt safe or healthy.
answering your question its odd when at home i used to be able to drink more than when out when out i would drink wine but might mix it and have a G n T as well the G n T didnt affect me but mixing did so not a good idea. but if say i drank loads of G n T it wouldnt affect me then bam it suddenly would and id get very sad and teary with it ,,, mothers ruin they used to call it and drank it in the old days cos water was so dirty ( inc children) the whole of london must been totally pissed like a friday or saturday night 24/7 lol

LaurieFairyCake Wed 01-Jun-11 15:08:15

Since I started dieting I am a total lightweight, get drunk on one glass now whereas a month ago it took a bottle

And the hangover after one glass is appalling the next day

aldiwhore Wed 01-Jun-11 15:12:06

I can drink wine at home without feeling squiffed, but I can't have more than one when 'out' as my face flushes and a want to go to sleep.

I can't drink lager as it makes me gobby and cross. Cider makes me silly. Tequilla makes me want to play Poker (I'm shit at poker) and vodka makes me think I can dance like Beyonce and makes me sing Abba songs... I like vodka.

smileANDwave2000 Wed 01-Jun-11 15:14:54

lol at aldi wtf happens when you put all that together do you turn into amy winehouse or JLO

DontGoCurly Wed 01-Jun-11 15:24:06

I can't drink wine at all. I would be drunk after a couple of glasses so I just stick to beer. Saves a lot of blushes all around.

aldiwhore Wed 01-Jun-11 15:27:39

Hmmmm don't know smileANDwave2000 but I'm tempted to find out. Should say, I look nothing like Beyonce, and I can't sing... so either way, it'll be messy.

Thingumy Wed 01-Jun-11 15:28:08

Depends on much you drink,if you have eaten etc.

Wine is always a killer for me,especially on a summer evening out.

At home I can drink a bottle slowly over 4-5 hours,when out it's more like several large glasses within 1-2 hours,there lies the problem.

I tend to stick to the two glass rule otherwise I may end up regretting a night out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: