Talk

Advanced search

To ask you all to scan your computers, to check you are virus free?

(4 Posts)
DontCallMePeanut Wed 01-Jun-11 13:15:12

I've just found out that someone managed to hack my bank account yesterday, and tried to request a transfer of £185. Luckily, Halifax sussed something was up, and put a hold on my online banking.

Now, I have AVG. But somehow, it appears that it missed a virus, which enabled my account to be hacked. So please, please, PLEASE! Can you all run a scan, to check your PC is ok. I was lucky my bank noticed something was up. I'd hate for someone to not have the same safety net.

Madlizzy Wed 01-Jun-11 13:18:52

You need an antispyware program too like spybot or adaware. Download, install, update and scan. You'll be surprised what it finds. Cnet is a good, usually safe place to download the programs from. Always virus scan the program before installing though. (in download folder, right click, then scan with...your antivirus program)

ObiWan Wed 01-Jun-11 13:19:18

Do you know which virus it was?

DontCallMePeanut Wed 01-Jun-11 13:23:51

ObiWan, I suspect it may have been a new one. Had something come up about a QOFUF.EXE. A quick google shows there's only one site which mentions the QOFUF.EXE, but it doesn't give any info as to what it was, or what it does.

Madlizzy, thank you. I'll try those, too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: