Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you ordered The Shred from The Hut?

(14 Posts)
Terraviva Wed 01-Jun-11 11:52:45

And if you did, have you received it yet?

There were some threads on here about a month ago with people raving about how good The Shred was as a workout DVD. So I scuttled off and ordered myself a copy from The Hut, as it was the cheapest, as I imagine many other MNers did. Well I have been waiting a month now and still no delivery angry. All I get are emails telling me they are waiting for a delivery!

I wouldn't normally bother starting a thread about shit customer service, but I was wondering if the reason I haven't got my DVD is because loads of other women rushed and ordered it at the same time... The purchasing power of MN! And if so, which one of you got my copy and is getting all toned and buff, while I sit around eating biscuits and waiting for the postman?! (Because of course, THIS is the exercise dvd is going to change my life...)

midas Wed 01-Jun-11 11:59:24

I ordered mine from Tesco and it I have had to cancel. I was messed about by customer service . I was finally told they are still waiting the DVD. So upset with the whole thing. I was so ready to start.

I also had a problem with play.com. Will be trying ASDA next.

Terraviva Wed 01-Jun-11 12:03:26

I was so geared up too! Maybe there's a national shortage hmm...

We should start rationing. Those of you with a Shred DVD, share it with us in need of a flat(ish) stomach and firm upper arms!!!

TattyDevine Wed 01-Jun-11 12:08:14

It may be no help but you can download it on iTunes, £3.99 for level one (you can buy the other levels seperately or buy the whole thing for £10.99) so at least you'd have it instantly. You'd be able to see enough on a laptop or PC monitor to get started.

If you have an iPhone and composite AV cable you can then project it on to your TV with that from your phone. Then you can bring it on holiday with you.

Its not the kind of DVD you need to be looking at the whole time you are doing it - you just glance to get an idea of what exercise it is and then the most useful thing it does for you is the timing and motivation but you don't need to be looking at it to hear that.

Don't think I can upload it anywhere for you without getting sent to jail, though at least then I wouldn't have to do any chuffing exercise...

tallulahxhunny Wed 01-Jun-11 16:08:57

ooh i have one , i think i'll stick it on ebay now i know there is a shortage of them :D

petisa Wed 01-Jun-11 16:10:18

I got mine on ebay

katvond Wed 01-Jun-11 16:10:30

I never heard about,please share what its about please smile

Megatron Wed 01-Jun-11 16:11:28

I ordered one last night from Amazon for £5.99! Hope it arrives!

Blackduck Wed 01-Jun-11 16:11:35

I cancelled and ordered off of Amazon instead - should have arrived today....

katvond Wed 01-Jun-11 16:14:56

Just googled it,wow looks impressive smile

tallulahxhunny Wed 01-Jun-11 16:18:13

it completely botched my knee up, i think its a bit too intense, but i suppose it depends how unfit you are lol. Im just doing the couch to 5k now and flabelos! smile

petisa Wed 01-Jun-11 21:26:31

oh yes tis intense, i would recommend stretching more than jillian does in the workout esp the first time as you will suffer the next day if you don't! i could hardly walk!

it's v traditional exercise and quite military really - squats, lunges, jumping jacks, bum kicks, pretending to skip, push ups, sit ups...

simple and v effective, i like it a lot, esp as it's only 20 mins, which is all i've got!

IWantToBeAFairyWhenIGrowUp Wed 01-Jun-11 23:10:12

I love it - got mine and the six week six pack off Amazon with v. quick delivery - had it about a month now.

Dannygirl Wed 01-Jun-11 23:13:56

Terraviva me too, really annoying! Pass me the biscuits whilst we are waiting.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: