Talk

Advanced search

to be sat here with a huge cheesy grin on my face.....

(17 Posts)
mrsjaja Wed 01-Jun-11 10:03:40

....because my wonderful DH just called to say his temporary contract job (18 months out of work) has been made permanent?

I am sooo happy and relieved i just needed to share!

And the nicest part is he really loves this job, it is a complete departure from what he used to do, not as high up in the command chain ( he used to be the Head of Service), and money mega bucks less than he used to earn - but he is happy going to work. And we are managing okay-ish!

mustdash Wed 01-Jun-11 10:05:02

smile

IgnoringTheChildren Wed 01-Jun-11 10:08:07

Congrats to your DH! grin

backwardpossom Wed 01-Jun-11 10:10:56

That's great!

HarrietJones Wed 01-Jun-11 10:11:59

Congrats. Dh made a similar move ( though not permanent yet) and it's so much easier not to have the stress isn't it

FoofffyShmoofffer Wed 01-Jun-11 10:13:07

Yanbu at all. smile I know the feeling well and it's great.

GinAndWater Wed 01-Jun-11 10:22:20

YANBU & Congrats !

Same happened to DH in March after 2 years of struggling freelancing. It's nice to have some stability.

nometime Wed 01-Jun-11 10:26:12

Congratulations and you have every right to have the biggest cheesiest grin ever! A bit less money but a bit less stress, I could cope with that. Goodluck to you both and enjoy.

mrsjaja Wed 01-Jun-11 10:33:19

Less stress is fab - he is so much more like the man i fell in love with - not that i ever wasnt in love with him, but stressy work = stressy at home for a while.

And GinAndWater - you are so right about the stability bit. At least if we know whats coming in we can live according to it (whilst still paying for the higher end life-style we had confused - never again will we "live to our means" )

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 01-Jun-11 10:34:06

Fab news - it's made me smile too. smile

GetOrf Wed 01-Jun-11 10:34:57

Congratulations - it is a wonderful feeling being made permanent after being a contractor so long.

TheMonster Wed 01-Jun-11 10:38:30

Brilliant news. Well done to your DH. I bet you are breathing a sigh of relief.

BluddyMoFo Wed 01-Jun-11 10:39:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youarekidding Wed 01-Jun-11 10:49:05

YANBU grin

Lovely to hear some positive news.

Icelollycraving Wed 01-Jun-11 10:50:43

Lovely happy news! Congrats! smile

katvond Wed 01-Jun-11 10:52:10

Congrats to you both. That's worth a big cheesy grin moment.

EssexGurl Wed 01-Jun-11 12:53:58

That is fab. Personally I think pretty much every single time it is worth more to be happy in a job than to earn lots of money. My bestest job ever was one that paid peanuts. But I was young free and single at the time. My uncle was in a job he absolutely hated for 40 years but felt he couldn't move because he was sole breadwinner, it had fab benefits/pension etc. He looked 10 years younger the day he retired.

If he is permanent then the money will increase and a happy DH means a happy home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: