Talk

Advanced search

Just to decide to be happy?

(9 Posts)
LindyHemming Wed 01-Jun-11 09:44:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

funnyspelling Wed 01-Jun-11 09:50:13

Yes go for it! Having a laugh and a joke can make the most unbearable situations bearable....

aldiwhore Wed 01-Jun-11 09:53:51

YANBU

But give yourself a little time for wallowing as well. There's a happy/miserable middle ground. If you smile TOO much when things are tough you'll end up gurning, and that's not a good look.

So yeh, paint on that smile, be fabulous, do it!!

(and have a sulk later, when you've had a fab day)

janelikesjam Wed 01-Jun-11 10:06:30

I have had a deeply miserable weekend so I looked at your OP!

I am not sure that one can decide to be happy. However, I did read somewhere about listing the things we can be grateful and happy for. And perhaps that is worth doing? Also making a short, snappy plan to try and change the thing or things we might be able to. (Though I sometimes find these attempts - e.g. to get a man - make everything worse in the end, lol, not!)

LindyHemming Wed 01-Jun-11 10:25:05

IndigoBell Wed 01-Jun-11 11:35:26

Eupemia - I'm going to join you.

Life's not really as bad as I make it out to be smile

LindyHemming Wed 01-Jun-11 11:50:42

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 01-Jun-11 12:20:49

That's cognitive behaviour therapy in a nutshell!

And try this:

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DaoSzivsQkVI&rct=j&q=tap%20of%20the%20morning%20site%3Ayoutube.com&ei=fh_mTfrUMpK2hAfwotymCg&usg=AFQjCNHR3QJ1oos3DBVZVncAtEa7_Pb2Aw&cad=rja

(there's one for the evening too)

EvaPeron Wed 01-Jun-11 12:30:31

I came across this quote on Monday (Marx) and decided to give it a try:

“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.”

So far, so good. Would second listing things to be grateful for too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now