Talk

Advanced search

SUCH an offensive article....

(2 Posts)

It was the Daily Torygraph - got it as a freebie from Hay Festival, otherwise I'd never buy it. A piece in there by a chap who has got a kid with Downs. And he made this comment about how his wife is twigging that all these 'celebrities' have really late miscarriages... and isn't it weird that they can happen at the time when tests show up Downs etc etc...

The obvious implication from his article was that slebs are aborting foetuses / babies (call them what you want, that's not the point of my post) because they have Downs.

I read it this morning and this evening just got SO annoyed by this. What an awful thing to write. It's totally his opinion, it's NOT based on fact - how fucking Torygraphy is that anyway... lots of innuendo and suggestion, rather then factual reporting...

Imagine if you were a sleb / non-sleb who has had a late m/c - and you read this piece. I can't even begin to imagine how it might make you feel. If you did abort for that reason, it's not like you need an additional guilt trip, FFS, and if it was a spontaneous m/c, you don't need to read a loathesome piece like it either.

Grrrr. Did anybody else read it? Am I being too sensitive here?

Eurostar Tue 31-May-11 23:30:05

YANBU to suggest that the article is offensive. The couple sound quite bitter and the editor is wrong in publishing I would say in this case.

YABU to suggest it means non comment pieces in the newspaper are not based on factual reporting. The paper was very very factual when it came to reporting MPs' expenses for instance.

I find all papers as bad as each other, it's a long time since I've read one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now