Advanced search

DH Only Bloke without sky sports

(84 Posts)
Adversecamber Tue 31-May-11 20:48:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Madlizzy Tue 31-May-11 20:49:19

We don't have it. grin

katvond Tue 31-May-11 20:49:56

Nope as we don't have it either. We have movies but no sports, the only sports DH likes is grandprix and motogp which is on BBC and itv.

diggingintheribs Tue 31-May-11 20:50:32

He is BU

DH doesn't have it - but wants it!!

DH says he won't watch much but this is from the guy who is glued to the live BBC cricket feed all day so I don't believe it!! If he was watching it DS would end up watching too and I think at his age it is better for him to be playing than watching!

Katisha Tue 31-May-11 20:50:42

We dont have it here. Dh would only want it for the cricket so not really worth getting.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 31-May-11 20:50:45

My dh is a sports journalist and makes 100% of our family income from sport - and we don't have it smile.

foxinsocks Tue 31-May-11 20:50:58

I think it's mean to not let him have it!

TidyDancer Tue 31-May-11 20:50:59

We have it, but I watch it more than DP! Long BFs with DD in front of it means that technically, she watches more than DS as well. Definitely more of a female thing in this house. grin

usualsuspect Tue 31-May-11 20:51:13

I don't mind my dp watching sport ,it means I can MN in peace

ScrotalPantomime Tue 31-May-11 20:51:54

WTF is he 7?!

suzikettles Tue 31-May-11 20:52:18

I've just made dh cancel it [evil killjoy]

Brevity Tue 31-May-11 20:53:03

Poor poor DH. But,if you give in to this, where will it end?
A garden shed, sports car, his choice of food and meals?

On the other hand, he is probably the only bloke without it, so YABU (sorry)

TiggieWiggle Tue 31-May-11 20:53:05

My DH has said this too! It's not just the expense that bothers me but the fact that he would watch it all the time if we had it. He has tried to smuggle it onto our package a couple of times by doing the 'free trial' and then 'forgetting' hmm to cancel it!

duckyfuzz Tue 31-May-11 20:53:05

we don't have it either

smartyparts Tue 31-May-11 20:53:11

we don't have it - not into sports tho'

lockets Tue 31-May-11 20:53:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

maxcliffordslovechild Tue 31-May-11 20:53:41

DH doesn't have it either, really wants it though. Exp had it and drove me nuts watching sport all day and night even stopping DD and I watching anything, so have bad experiences of Sports channel

lucykate Tue 31-May-11 20:54:40

we don't have it. dh not into sports, hates football.

Lilyloo Tue 31-May-11 20:54:47

We just cancelled it too , dp not as upset about it as ds is

duckyfuzz Tue 31-May-11 20:55:04

but we don't have it because he's not interested in any sports apart from rugby and cycling, neither of which we need sky sports to view. If he wanted it, we'd get it

WhatTheActualFuck Tue 31-May-11 20:57:03

DP pays for Sky and we don't have sports. We used to but he cancelled the channels that we didn't watch - sports and movies. He has since reinstated the movies. If Formula 1 ever moves to a satellite channel, I'll be the one insisting that we get the Sports channels back.

FlamingFannyDrawers Tue 31-May-11 20:57:37

We don't have it. DH likes sport but isn't fussed about having Sky Sports. He's happy watching Ice Road Truckers and Wheeler Dealers yawns

If he wants it why doesn't he subscribe to it? Surely he doesn't need to ask your permission?

catwhiskers10 Tue 31-May-11 20:57:45

We've got sky but not sports as DH said he wouldn't watch it. I think it's more a case of he knows he would want to watch it all the time and it would cause arguments so he resists. Sky did a free fortnight a couple of years ago when you got all the channels free and sky sports was on constantly!
If your DH is the only bloke he knows without it then that means he has plenty of options to go to someone elses house to watch important matches.
YANBU by the way!

Itsjustafleshwound Tue 31-May-11 20:58:13

Sky Sports is really expensive but DH certainly manages to find things to watch (Rugby Union and cricket fan) - but I would quite happily do without

MajorBumsore Tue 31-May-11 20:58:21

Mine too bibbity and we don't have it either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now