Talk

Advanced search

To be a bag of nerves when childrens' services social workers come round

(10 Posts)
yukoncher Tue 31-May-11 15:45:59

And jabber on about anything and everything, so much that she probably thinks I suffer anxiety.
And generally be in discomfort at her presence sad

SardineQueen Tue 31-May-11 15:57:45

YANB in the slightest bit U.

I hope everything is OK with you smile

SilveryMoon Tue 31-May-11 15:59:08

YANBU.
I would imagine that they kind of expect that kind of response to their presence.
Hope it went ok.

yukoncher Tue 31-May-11 16:04:37

Thanks guys.
The social worker is nice, and I can see her mirroring my discomfort, arg I hate it.

But it's all gone well again!
Should be put down to TAC soon, as she can see everything's okay. (I hope)

EricNorthmansMistress Tue 31-May-11 16:06:54

YABU smile

No really, YANBU to be anxious. But we have chatted on that other thread and so I understand why you are. Ordinarily I'd say SWs aren't looking to split up families and just be yourself and be honest. Accept any support they offer and try not to worry.

BeerTricksPotter Tue 31-May-11 16:07:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

yukoncher Tue 31-May-11 16:22:54

smile we are chilling now, phew. With a ridiculously clean house too, lol.

smile

TattyDevine Tue 31-May-11 16:25:37

Oh I would be too. I'd be restocking the fridge with organic hummus, hiding the Kit Kat's, locking my dildo drawer, and pretending that I have never locked the patio door so my son was stuck with playing outside till I'd finished my phonecalls...

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 31-May-11 16:32:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

yukoncher Tue 31-May-11 16:41:40

DSs smile
we will thanks.

You should have seen DH's face when they SS was saying how cute our 1yo is.
lol, we take it with a pinch of sald and some humor, but DH said he was close t saying 'he's not for sale' lol.
Grandma came in and took our youngest out for a ride when she saw SS there.

Well they've done the visits, CAF style meeting soon (theyre calling it something else now?) and she can report back to eveyone that we keep our house tidy and then kids are clean, fed and watered and have a good relationship with us smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now