Talk

Advanced search

to be ridiculously excited about having a cleaner start on Thursday?

(158 Posts)
ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 11:22:19

That's it really. I've fantasised about having a cleaner for ages but have finally taken the plunge and she is starting on Thursday. I've met her and am really hopeful that she's going to be great (though am preparing myself for teething problems etc.)

I feel that this may transform my life!! (not to be over-dramatic or anything) grin

LordOfTheFlies Tue 31-May-11 11:23:47

HaHa you'll spend all Wednesday tidying up before she gets there!grin

pjmama Tue 31-May-11 11:25:06

envy
Enjoy! I'd be proper giddy too.

dickiedavisthunderthighs Tue 31-May-11 11:25:58

Best. Investment. Ever.
My quality of life is SO much better for having one, just a couple of hours a week. It's amazing.

Portofino Tue 31-May-11 11:26:04

We got one last week! My kitchen is now pristeen and she even cleaned and tidied INSIDE the cupboards! Enjoy!

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 11:27:48

Maybe a quick tidy but definitely no cleaning! She's told me that she loves lists (my kind of woman) so am busy writing a list of things that I want doing. She's starting off with a 5 hour blitz this Thursday then 2 hrs every Thursday after that.

I'm finally going to get the inside of my windows clean! Plus she said, as I showed her round the house, that the mould blush in my shower will be no problem to get rid of. Pure bliss! She also loves ironing! grin

Please please please let this woman be as good as she sounds!

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 11:28:44

Thanks ladies! My DH just doesn't get how excited I am so I had to share on here where I knew others would appreciate my giddiness!

fearnelinen Tue 31-May-11 11:28:57

Congrats OP - it's a big step!

I have dabbled in the past, but now decided it's time. Can I hijack a little and ask what your cleaner does and for how much?

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 11:35:47

No problem fearne.

I'm paying £10 per hour and have gone through an agency as I wanted the piece of mind to begin with. I'm a 1st timer too!

On Thursday she's doing a 5 hour blitz and reckons she can get through my whole house in the that time (4 bed, lounge, dining room, kitchen, 1 bathroom, 1 ensuite, downstairs loo, hallway, stairs & landing).

I'm then going to see how it goes in my 2 hours per week.

But I'll keep you updated if you like?

JessicaDrew Tue 31-May-11 11:39:35

perhaps if she a stunning 18 year old your DH will share your excitement!!!!!

HannahHack Tue 31-May-11 11:40:19

I am v excited about getting our carpets professionally cleaned on Saturday! Though I told a friend, and said "how domestic is that?!", and she responded "isn't it only domestic if you do it yourself?".
Bitch grin

fearnelinen Tue 31-May-11 11:56:03

Yes please keep us up to date. I am leaving a message right now with our local company...soooo excited! (Of course, I wouldn't need one if MN had never been invented grin )

fearnelinen Tue 31-May-11 11:56:57

Hannah, you friend is wrong. By arranging it you are a domestic director. MD of chez Hack as it were.

lollystix Tue 31-May-11 12:02:27

Not at all - I would forgo every other luxury for my cleaner. (but I do find myself madly tidying before she comes round on a Thursday out of embarrassment).

LifeOfKate Tue 31-May-11 12:03:54

Ooo, I am envy Totally not unreasonable to be that excited smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 31-May-11 12:07:24

Not at all - it's fabulous. Enjoy!

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 16:54:49

Your friend is clearly jealous Hannah!

TarquinGyrfalcon Tue 31-May-11 17:14:25

You lucky thing.

I loved having a cleaner - coming home from work to a sparkly, clean house and freshly made bed was one of my favourite moments in the week
envy

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 17:17:30

How come you don't have one anymore Tarquin? I'm being nosey here so tell me to mind my own business if you want smile

Squitten Tue 31-May-11 17:17:46

MIL paid for a cleaner for us as a baby gift. We loved it and have kept her on. Enjoy your clean house!

rubyrubyruby Tue 31-May-11 17:20:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

argghh Tue 31-May-11 17:22:32

I would so love a cleaner - once our debt is cleared I am damn well getting one

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 17:33:17

Interesting ruby. Do you just feel uncomfortable with paying someone to work in your house? Just curious smile

ipredicttrouble Tue 31-May-11 17:37:41

Oops meant peace of mind in earlier post! blush

kaj32 Tue 31-May-11 17:38:32

I am so so so jealous. After spending half an hour scrubbing poo out of the living room carpet I could cry wish jealousy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now