Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have a massive...

(24 Posts)
dingdongmrs Tue 31-May-11 09:47:02

...girl crush on Jennifer Love Hewitt?!

My hubby quite likes it i think but other women look at me like im mad when i mention it!

When my female friends are joking around about who they fancy and theyre all talking about men i say i fancy jennifer love hewitt and dont get a very good response!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 31-May-11 10:05:24

Each to their own! I don't know any women with a crush on her, but a male friend of mine has had a thing about her for years. He says he likes her because she 'looks like a real person'.

My current girl crush is Rebecca Hall, and my long-term girl crush has been for ages the unbelievably beautiful Cate Blanchett.

DoMeDon Tue 31-May-11 10:07:57

By girl crush - do you mean you would like to do naughties with her? I don't get it confused

LordOfTheFlies Tue 31-May-11 10:14:35

No girl crush just means( to me) admire them but not in a slavish want to be them way.
My personal GC is Annie Lennox.
Talented-real talent, not some manufactured X-Factor talent.
She's been through personal tragedies and come out the other side.
Tirelessly works for charities, I think currantly HIV
Vegetarian- Yay
I would have called my DD Annie but my Sis is called Ann
Not a conventional beauty, but got that certain something,

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 31-May-11 10:15:06

Actually I started a thread on here a while back about what 'girl crush' means if you're a straight woman. I asked some RL people too. Consensus seems to be that it doesn't mean you fancy them; rather it's a combination of things like wanting to be them, admiring them, and thinking they're beautiful/stylish/whatever but not in a sexual sense.

I think there's a separate category for women you'd turn lesbian for, but I haven't yet come across anyone who makes me feel that strongly!

dingdongmrs Tue 31-May-11 10:15:55

By girl crush i mean i find her attractive and if i ever had the chance, yes i would do the naughty stuff with her!

shes beautiful and down to earth, i agree she does look like a real person. i dont know who Rebecca Hall is. i do like Jessica Alba too!

DoMeDon Tue 31-May-11 10:17:09

Ah ha - thanks ladies - a wealth of info on MN as always grin

Salma Hayek - hubba hubba wink

DoMeDon Tue 31-May-11 10:18:35

ding - then I am a bit hmm as I wouldn't consider travelling to Lesbos no matter how attractive my companion.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 31-May-11 10:19:36

I think 'girl crush' encompasses a wide range of feelings!

dingdongmrs Tue 31-May-11 10:20:17

See i dont think i would turn lesbian for anyone but purely because im happily married but i do fancy some women, only famous ones though, ive never met a woman in real life that i fancy or would do anything with, i think its all fantasy really.

I will openly admit im probably a little bit bi but theres a big difference for me bewteen fancying a woman and actually doing things with her, i dont think i could go past that barrier from fantasy to reality. but i might make an exception for jennifer love hewitt, then again if the time came which obviously i know it wouldnt but if it did i dont know for sure if i would do anything with her either!

I agree girl crush also means liking who they are, loving how they look, admiring them. she is so flawless and beautiful whereas im not lol so yes maybe its a bit of that too!

dingdongmrs Tue 31-May-11 10:23:18

The thing is, when i say to someone that i have a crush on jennifer love hewitt they ask me what blokes i fancy and i can honestly say there re none! so then i get called a lesbian!

But you dont have to be a lesbian to fancy another woman do you?!

JanMorrow Tue 31-May-11 10:25:35

She has a very fine rack, good choice.

My girl crush was years was Drew Barrymore.. and the girl who plays the sax in the zutons (Abi).

Moodykat Tue 31-May-11 10:46:35

Only if the people calling you a lesbian are about 12 I think! I have many a girl crush!

dingdongmrs Tue 31-May-11 10:57:00

Thank you Moodykat, sadly no they are adults, same age as me 27!

Moodykat Tue 31-May-11 11:46:51

Having said that - you are the same age as me and consider yourself an adult?! Am sure that I am still a teenager!

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 31-May-11 11:54:31

My girl crush is Dawn French. I would walk over hot coal for her if she'd agree to come to my house and talk shite with me.
She is not only gorgeous, she's gracious and witty and kind.

Rannaldini Tue 31-May-11 12:01:26

i have a crush on the english doctor friend in nurse jackie
O'Hara played by Eve Best
I love her and want to be her

confuseddotcodotuk Tue 31-May-11 12:34:25

I have girl crushes like you're speaking of, and crushes on girls. It has slipped out in convo and many people I've met just give me a quick double take before carrying on grin I'm bisexual and not ott with it, but if we're discussing hot people I'm happy to comment either way!

Girl crushes for me would be Pink, and a few others I can't think of right now but people who I feel can be looked up too or are a good influence.

Crushes on girls: Kate Beckinsale, Taylor Swift and Hayley Williams. Thay're the three I have liked for years, the latter two being a similar age to me.

My best friend thinks it's awesome, he's always loved that we can discuss girls together and is quite happy to pander my girly-ness of discussing men and will agree/disgree when they don't conform to the male version of girl crushes grin

kreecher: I agree with Dawn French! She's brilliant smile

I frequently comment that if only I were 30 years older, male and gay that I would find Stephen Fry perfect for the same reasons you like Dawn Fench lol <<swoons>> tbh though, if I could have Stephen Fry come over for tea one day I'd probably faint before he walked through the door blush

OP I like Jennifer Love Hewitt too, there's an innocent look about her.

confuseddotcodotuk Tue 31-May-11 12:35:02

*they, not thay blush

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 31-May-11 12:45:12

Ooooh, Eve Best is fantastic isn't she?! I want to be her when I grow up. I want to be able to walk in expensive heels like she can.

She's in Much Ado at the Globe at the moment. Must try to get act together to get tickets ...

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 31-May-11 12:46:26

My DP is slightly bi, or at least capable of fancying men, so we can talk about my completely non-platonic male crushes. I feel a bit bad that I can't really join in with him talking about non-platonic female crushes, although I can often appreciate the ones he fancies. apart from Gwyneth Paltrow who is just smug and annoying

JamieAgain Tue 31-May-11 12:54:45

Scarlet Johanssen - sexy
Claudia Winkelman - funny

Rannaldini - I agree about O'Hara.

lemmein Tue 31-May-11 13:03:39

Mine would be Pink and Penelope Cruz - gorgeous girls and with Pink VERY talented too. Shes one of the only female singers around at the moment I like my teen daughters listening to.

dingdongmrs Tue 31-May-11 14:52:49

I forgot about Pink! shes gorgeous and so strong. i also like christina agrularia (sp) for her looks and her voice is amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now