Talk

Advanced search

to want the news to cover something other than FIFA?

(7 Posts)
meditrina Tue 31-May-11 08:06:19

It's top story again today.

OK, there are lots of fans. Yes, it's a big global business. But nothing has happened other than a couple of press conferences over the weekend. The coverage is endlessly rehashing the same thing. Shouldn't it at least be on in the sports segments, not everywhere????

stuffthenonsense Tue 31-May-11 09:01:25

i am also bored with it, surely there is other news it is a big big world!

Fifichef Tue 31-May-11 09:17:11

I agree - after one mention - keep it to the sports pages. After all it's not 'earth shattering' news is it. The only thing I would say about this story is that I hope that the media do keep on about it. They are the only ones, who with the pressure that they are able to exert, can make sure that this corrupt organisation is disbanded, allowing something completely new to be set up in it's place.

laiyan Tue 31-May-11 09:19:02

here you go http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13594762 this made me laugh. it shouldnt coz its a serious thing, but it really gave me a good feel this morning

laiyan Tue 31-May-11 09:19:18

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13594762 again :S

Fifichef Tue 31-May-11 10:01:37

Chuckle chuckle - very funny. Could be enforced treatment for certain offenders!!

meditrina Tue 31-May-11 17:17:22

Thanks for posting that! Certainly very unusual evidence.

The obsession with FIFA must be a boy thing (oh dear!), still all over news broadcasts and on the BBC home page - but not/not in the top 10 most searched. So I hope they get the message and stop banging on about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now