Talk

Advanced search

I am tipsy, my friend is not responding to neither my calls nor facebook messages, and I have NEWS!!!

(12 Posts)
QuintessentialOldMoo Mon 30-May-11 22:49:41

angry

I want to talk to her about our impending move back to the uk.

She has been my best friend since I was 21 and started UNI.

Why is she not picking up the phone? Why is she not answering me?

I have been agonizing here forever, but I have NOT been inflicting my pain on my friends, as I dont want to BORE them to death, the same way I bore you lot....

<sigh>

peace and love

(and I am so torn, and undecided, but we are moving, we are coming home, I just cant figure out whether to sell the house, or let it)

Bellagio Mon 30-May-11 22:58:03

Aw don't worry I'm sure she'll get back to you soon, sounds like you go back a long way.
Good luck with the move, I hope everything goes well for you
smile

MavisEnderby Mon 30-May-11 23:01:15

great news,Quintessential.Hope don't sound stalkerish but seems like you have had a crap time overseas (long time mn you have probably never heard of)Happy days!Back to blighty!

QuintessentialOldMoo Mon 30-May-11 23:01:40

Thank you bellagio!
I messaged her before the weekend!

She could be away due to bank holiday in the uk, though, couldnt she?

QuintessentialOldMoo Mon 30-May-11 23:02:54

oh, I do "know" you mavis, though we have not crossed threads so extremely often, you are a household name. smile

We need to "reset" our lives back to Normal, and returning to the UK is the best option

redexpat Mon 30-May-11 23:03:15

Perhaps her phone battery is dead? I'm sure when you DO get hold of her she'll be very excited too!

Hassled Mon 30-May-11 23:05:03

Oh I'm glad you're tipsy and I'm glad you're moving back - you've had a bloody tough few years.
Friend is probably off having bank holiday fun somewhere (although it's raining, so not too much fun).

QuintessentialOldMoo Mon 30-May-11 23:06:28

she did mention cyprus with her inlaws in spring though.... envy

That is probably it, though.

smile Thanks Hassled!

MumblingRagDoll Mon 30-May-11 23:22:36

Is it Norway where you live currently? And the locals are mean? I remember a thread not long ago and you sounded pee'd off with it.... If so...WELL DONE!

Hooray for you and hooray for coming home to the UK!

Wil you have somewhere to stay?

HerHissyness Tue 31-May-11 00:41:51

You are coming 'home'????, well you know what I mean! REALLY? Fantastic!

So pleased for you!

grin

MilkNoSugarPlease Tue 31-May-11 00:45:42

Your coming hoooome!! grin

TakeMeDrunkImHome Tue 31-May-11 01:43:13

Well do not stress for a start! There could be a million reasons why your friend hasn't responded. She is busy/out/phone off to name just three. Give it until tomorrow and call again smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: