Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be annoyed with this situation at work?

(7 Posts)
icantthinkofausername Mon 30-May-11 21:06:55

hi just wanted other people's opinions on this please cause I'm not to sure if I'm over reacting.

Ok so the thing is I made a mistake at work nothing major but something I expect my manager to speak to me about, anyway she hasnt spoken to me about it yet however I overheard members of staff talking about me today and what I had done so it looks to me like the manager has spoken about it to them before speaking to me.

I'm really annoyed about this that over people know about it. Am I over reacting?

chicletteeth Mon 30-May-11 21:10:24

Eavesdropping rarely does anybody any good.
Not that you were necessarily meaning to, but yes, she's allowed to speak to other people if she wants to.

BeerTricksPotter Mon 30-May-11 21:11:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 30-May-11 21:11:25

Not on. Unless she needs clarification about it.

Talk to her tomorrow

KatieMiddleton Mon 30-May-11 21:12:17

Well it depends what it is and if the staff are at the same level as you.

How do you know she told them? Could they have found out another way?

KatieMiddleton Mon 30-May-11 21:13:49

Just out of interest why did you not go to her to inform her rather than waiting for her to come to you?

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 30-May-11 21:20:35

agree with Kate, I would have looked alot better from your managers perspective for you to have approached her upfront, rather than now either waiting until the shit hits the fan or complaining about theapproach she has taken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now