Talk

Advanced search

To think that people who believe in star signs are delusional?

(10 Posts)
trice Mon 30-May-11 16:59:30

My dd's friend's mum asked me what star sign dd was as the girls were fighting and she was wondering if they were "astrally compatible".

Was I unreasonable to spit out my coffee and blurt "You can't seriously believe in all that bollocks?"

I don't think any more playdates are in the offing for either of us. I think I am getting intolerant in my old age.

HuwEdwards Mon 30-May-11 17:00:37

It's all shite

Gastonladybird Mon 30-May-11 17:02:41

Yanbu- I think it was Patrick Moore who said the only thing astrology proves is that there is one born every minute.

grin at your reaction though

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 30-May-11 17:02:43

It's definitely all shite, but us Sagittarians are well known for being cynical.... (Sorry, old joke)

worraliberty Mon 30-May-11 17:03:21

Some people have got nothing better to obsess about OP.

Of course it's a load of old shite. People are people..they are how they are. It's got feck all to do with whether the sun is in Uranus wink

MarianneM Mon 30-May-11 17:04:15

YANBU

'tis bollocks.

LineRunner Mon 30-May-11 17:06:22

Even if start signs are just a bit of fun, people who use phrases in polite society like "astrally compatible" should be taken out and flogged.

LineRunner Mon 30-May-11 17:07:29

Star signs. I don't know what's wrong with me today. Sorry.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 30-May-11 17:09:54

I met a woman once who solemnly told me that the house was much calmer since she'd laid mental pentagles all around it.... Mad as a box of fucking frogs.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 30-May-11 17:10:35

'pentangles' that should have been, of course. The hex is kicking in already...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now