Talk

Advanced search

To think that people should at least read some of the thread

(15 Posts)
Nanny0gg Mon 30-May-11 14:37:18

before wading in with ill-informed opinions and suggestions?

If you've missed most of the points what's the use of saying anything?

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Mon 30-May-11 14:39:30

Sometimes though it is a queston of wading through ill-informed opinions and suggestions, in order to get the 'reply' box.

I do read all the posts by the OP though.

jbcbj Mon 30-May-11 14:41:36

just to warn you that i think there might just have been a thread saying exactly the same thing (slightly less diplomatically though!) earlier today or perhaps yesterday. but yes, i agree with you so YANBU. sometimes threads get really long though, in which case i personally avoid wading in but others may not be able to help it... <polishes halo>

Nanny0gg Mon 30-May-11 15:04:25

I'm glad I managed to be diplomatic because I'm not feeling it, particularly. I'm sorry I missed the earlier thread.
I appreciate that some threads do get really long, and so I also try and at least look for the OP's posts (though it's also really annoying if they never return to answer all the questions they get asked!)
I just get really really riled with some of the posts that completely miss the point of the OP's post so all that happens is that the thread goes so far off on a tangent it becomes meaningless.
(OK sometimes it gets more interesting because of the rows that start, but that's a different issue...)
grin

MonstaMunch Mon 30-May-11 15:12:10

sometimes i cant be arsed to read 149 posts saying leave the abusive bastard, read this or that book, call womens aid etc etc

i just read the OP and skip to the end

Latootle Mon 30-May-11 16:42:08

i agree with Monstamunch, i think tho some are just badly written so the point is miss understood.

AgentZigzag Mon 30-May-11 16:53:52

I think it's great when there's a massive bun fight going on and someone posts their sincere and well thought out opinion on just the OP right in the middle of it grin

Pagwatch Mon 30-May-11 16:58:01

grin at zigzag

I equally love it when a misunderstanding has been sorted out and someone thunders in like a pissed bloke at the pub..
"op who the fucking twatty fuck do you think you are saying......"

It is great

slightlyunbalanced Mon 30-May-11 16:59:48

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but I think YABU...

grin

BeerTricksPotter Mon 30-May-11 17:04:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentZigzag Mon 30-May-11 17:10:28

Someone's got to wade in to make sure the OP's getting a kicking for the right reasons beertricks.

grin

BeerTricksPotter Mon 30-May-11 17:13:24

BeerTricksPotter Mon 30-May-11 17:13:47

BeerTricksPotter Mon 30-May-11 17:32:57

worraliberty Mon 30-May-11 17:35:19

If it's a big thread I normally just squizz through.

9/10 times there's so much drip feeding going on, the opening post itself becomes irrelivent confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now