Talk

Advanced search

to want to shave off DH's moustasche in his sleep

(29 Posts)
RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:13:19

It's horrible, truly. It makes my skin crawl.
he knows I hate it, last time I moaned so much he eventually got rid of it but made me feel like an awful person about it.
Now I feel mean to even mention it, but it's horrible!
How can I convince him to get rid without seeming like a horrible person who won't let him do what he wants with his facial hair?

Maelstrom Mon 30-May-11 00:18:07

Refuse to kiss him, say you simply can't. You are not a horrible person, just a polite one that is putting up with something that she hates. Don't.

AgentZigzag Mon 30-May-11 00:20:36

Moustaches are fucking awful I agree, but you've got to be a bit fair I suppose and think how you'd feel if your DH didn't like your haircut and decided to shave it off in your sleep.

Could you not ply him with lots of alcohol one night and dare him to do it himself?

ScaredyDog Mon 30-May-11 00:21:42

I moan at DP when he shaves his goatee off. It feels like kissing a teenager without it, I hate it. It's a weird thing when you're not used to a smooth shaven bloke, both DP and my ex had various degrees of beardage, so it just feels weird kissing him without it.

Shave it grin

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:22:20

I don't think that'd work, he really really loves the bloody thing, just writing about it is making me feel ick...maybe I am tasche-phobic!

LordOfTheFlies Mon 30-May-11 00:25:42

If he looks in any way,shape or form like Freddie Mercury then YABU.Leave the 'tache.

If he looks like that guy on Saturday Kitchen Celebrity Cook-off thing: get out the hot wax kit.

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:26:15

I have a realistic fake moustasche...maybe I should start wearing it and see what dh thinks of that...

QueenStromba Mon 30-May-11 00:26:39

Leave him for the sake of yourself and the children. Do you want them to grow up in a house where moustaches are seen as acceptable? They could go on to have relationships with men who have moustaches or even worse become men who have moustaches. By allowing this situation to continue you are sending a message to your children that moustaches are acceptable.

AgentZigzag Mon 30-May-11 00:28:44

Does he take it as a joke when you say you want him to get rid?

I'm all for being yourself and looking how you want, but if I knew something unnecessary I did really creeped DH out, I would seriously think about changing it.

But then if it means that much to him...

Dunno.

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:29:01

no not like freddie at all, sort of wispy although quite thick in a - it's been left to grow too long- sort of way.

his dream is to grow a fu-manchu <runs screaming in horror at the thought>

ILoveThinLizzy Mon 30-May-11 00:29:22

Tell him it makes your face and body itch when he kisses you or hugs you....smile

AgentZigzag Mon 30-May-11 00:30:01

Hahahaha yes, do the fake tash, especially if family are coming round, you might get some support with the campaign grin

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:31:27

he's a bit hapless in the 'fashion/style' department bless him - respectable looking but slightly clueless.

this is literally the only thing he cares about appearance wise. sigh.

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:33:29

if he'd only crop it short I could cope.

last time he let it grow so it curled over his top lip <stifles lurch> he's not let it do that this time so in his eyes he's compromised.

Darnsarfupnorf Mon 30-May-11 00:33:59

i bet dp today that he couldnt grow a tash like lemmy from motorhead, like a massive village people-esque monstrosety....regretting it now!

had a similar situation to you when he shaved his head for charity and decided he liked it! hes a scouser and now looks like a criminal...sigh havent found a solution yet, will report back if i do!

ohmyfucksy Mon 30-May-11 00:36:35

ew ew ew

YANBU

I don't like any kind of facial hair on anyone

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:38:02

really annoying thing is I feel he's been sneaky about it - we have a 4m old and he's snuck in growing this tasche when he knew I wouldn't notice until it was too late!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 00:44:37

I usually hate facial hair, but DP looks gorgeoud with a goatee, we attended a pirate pony, and he went the full Jack Sparrow. Eyeliner, the works. YUMMY!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 00:45:27

gorgeoud??
And WTF is a pirate pony??? confused

LordOfTheFlies Mon 30-May-11 00:49:55

Does he get- retch, boak- food stuck in it?

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 00:53:23

he had beer foam on it earlier. I would've run screaming if I hadn't been feeding DD2 at the time.

something must be done, how can I go on living like this?!

SockShitter Mon 30-May-11 00:54:42

I told dh that if ever gets drunk enough to pass out again, I'm doing his side burns.

So he either stays reasonably sober or i get rid of the hated burns. win/win really

Tambern Mon 30-May-11 02:09:53

Ooh I'm torn. In one sense he's perfectly reasonable growing his own moustache- his beard, his rules (to paraphase some excellent posts this week) and in the long run it's not that big a deal

but then I remember how much I hate moustached and bearded men myself, and shudder at the thought! As a suggestion that will take some time (maybe a couple of weeks or a month) could you not grow some hair in a place that is commonly shaved? i.e. let your legs get in a state, or under your arms, or even stop trimming the jungle? Whichever is most practical in terms of covering up and what you usually wear, though this only works if he'll notice it I guess. Then make a deal- a shave for a shave

LordOfTheFlies Mon 30-May-11 02:15:59

Use Veet( or any other hair removing cream) to spell GIT/PRATT/......../ -insert your own preferance - in DHs chest hair.
Just in time for summer sunbathing.Ha!

RobynLou Mon 30-May-11 10:55:51

oh LOTF how I love that idea!

Tambern, he wouldn't notice If I never shaved anywhere unfortunatly, esp atm with our 4m old hindering most 'couple time'!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: